Flying today is no Picnic

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,145 Times in 819 Posts
Default Flying today is no Picnic

I have a daughter-in -law in a wheelchair.

Her and my son have been vacationing for many years between Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

They pack at least 3-4 large suitcases and until the last couple years, they had plenty of friendly help at the airport.

Now the last couple times they traveled there's no help with my daughter-in-law
and their luggage anywhere.

My son asks what was going on, and they said besides the lack of help, they also said people are buying wheelchairs just to get to the front on the TSA line.

Now how sick is that?

So much for the disability act.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,886 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post

Her and my son have been vacationing for many years between Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

They pack at least 3-4 large suitcases and until the last couple years, they had plenty of friendly help at the airport.

My son asks what was going on, and they said besides the lack of help, they also said people are buying wheelchairs just to get to the front on the TSA line.

Now how sick is that?

The problem is that our laws are not enforced. So, if you are in a wheelchair, nobody believes that you are disabled. You can pass all the laws you want, but, if you don't enforce them, you may as well not have a law at all.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,250 Times in 5,436 Posts

Sad that people would do that.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,752 Times in 968 Posts

This is nothing new. Have you ever flown Southwest? No assigned seats. Twenty people need wheelchairs to get on the plane, only two need wheelchairs to get off.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Disney sells out the electric carts fast. Mostly lazy people that don’t want to walk. Airport pushers get paid dirt and hope for tips . A rotten job. It’s outsourced and has nothing to do with airlines
Old 09-08-2022, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

Flying these days sucks for many other reasons including frequent delays and cancellations, reduced schedules, long lines and lousy service, Covid risk, inflated prices, etc…. Fondly remembering the flying experience pre Covid and especially pre 9/11.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,856 Times in 3,690 Posts

Quote:
Fake News.

Sad this was posted.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:32 AM

I flew a Southwest flight from Albany, NY to BWI this week. 48 people entered the plane via the pre-board line. In one instance, the boarding agent allowed a family to board with Grandma in her wheelchair. My boarding pass was A5. Given the pre-boarders and I assume others that were flying through with the plane, I was 2 rows from being almost mid-plane before I could get a window seat.

Traveling sucks!
Old 09-09-2022, 05:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,886 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
I flew a Southwest flight from Albany, NY to BWI this week. 48 people entered the plane via the pre-board line. In one instance, the boarding agent allowed a family to board with Grandma in her wheelchair. My boarding pass was A5. Given the pre-boarders and I assume others that were flying through with the plane, I was 2 rows from being almost mid-plane before I could get a window seat.

Traveling sucks!
When I flew a lot, I always wanted a reserved seat, and I actually preferred the rear of the plane. Never flew on Southwest for that reason. And, when a flight attendant asked me to change seats, I would almost always refuse unless they moved me to first class. I think it is wrong to ask someone to move from a seat that they reserved in advance.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
This is nothing new. Have you ever flown Southwest? No assigned seats. Twenty people need wheelchairs to get on the plane, only two need wheelchairs to get off.
That's why we call it: "The Miracle Flight." Many arrive by wheelchair and then sprint off the plane first. Why would anyone want to pretend to need a wheelchair. I bet the ones who really need them wish they didn't
Old 09-09-2022, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,731 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:

Now how sick is that?

sign of the times. Same ethic at work when someone cuts in front of you in a line, parks their car with the wheels straddling the white lines instead of inside them, or staking out a lounge chair by the pool on a cruise ship by putting towels on it and then not showing up for hours.

"Its all about MEEEEEEEEEE". Far too many people these days don't care who they step on in order to get what they want.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
That's why we call it: "The Miracle Flight." Many arrive by wheelchair and then sprint off the plane first. Why would anyone want to pretend to need a wheelchair. I bet the ones who really need them wish they didn't
Kind of like fake Servive dogs, does a real disservice to the real deal.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Appropriate punishment for these @rseh0l3$: Handcuff both their legs to the wheelchair and let them lead the life of those that they fraudulently imitated to be first in line for say 3 months. Doubt anyone would ever try it again.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Bet over 90% of service dogs are fake. Brother had a real service dog. Dog had to have certain temprament, longevity and 18 months of training. Most so called service dogs appear to be for social purposes.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,145 Times in 819 Posts

Again, like someone mention, a lot of rules and regulations out there but no one enforces them.
Closed Thread

Tags
couple, years, son, lack, luggage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.