Great way to enjoy your broccoli

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Great way to enjoy your broccoli

Baby Broccoli and Spaghetti / Broccolini e Spaghetti


You can totally eliminate the pancetta. I do. Itís still great.


Wonderful tasty way to get your broccoli..........Iíve made it with angel hair and also linguini.


Lots of garlic......more than she uses.
  #2  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 AM
missypie missypie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1
Thanked 50 Times in 9 Posts
Default

What great recipes that you are posting on here! Thank you!
  #3  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
What great recipes that you are posting on here! Thank you!
Thank you. You know, I can get my meat loving husband to eat his veggies as long as they taste good.........and after 48 years of marriage, he even eats broccoli now..........and brussel sprouts. When I married him , all he ate was corn and peas and green beans (out of a can) whereas I was raised on all types of vegetables, made from scratch.

Thanks again. I appreciate your positive comment.

All veggies taste good sauteed with a "touch" of olive oil and lots of garlic.
You can even get kids to eat their spinach that way.
  #4  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
missypie missypie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 1
Thanked 50 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Thank you. You know, I can get my meat loving husband to eat his veggies as long as they taste good.........and after 48 years of marriage, he even eats broccoli now..........and brussel sprouts. When I married him , all he ate was corn and peas and green beans (out of a can) whereas I was raised on all types of vegetables, made from scratch.

Thanks again. I appreciate your positive comment.

All veggies taste good sauteed with a "touch" of olive oil and lots of garlic.
You can even get kids to eat their spinach that way.
Oh I am totally lost without my garlic and Trader Joes Olive Oil!!!
  #5  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Oh I am totally lost without my garlic and Trader Joes Olive Oil!!!
I agree. Irregardless of the fact it is an oil, the combo of garlic and olive oil can't be beat as far as adding flavor to any dish.

Also keeps the vampires away.......
  #6  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,789
Thanks: 3,611
Thanked 3,554 Times in 1,236 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Your husband was just like mine Senior. He eats all kinds of veggies now.

Here is a recipe our Helene loves for broccoli salad.

Put broccoli in cuisinart and chop fine like slaw.

Add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries and a handful of grated cheese maybe a few mandarin oranges if you have them..canned.

Add chopped fine green onion and either poppy seed dressing or make your own from mayonaisse with a little sugar tsp to tablespoon depending on amount of salad... enough to moisten. Salt and pepper too if you want it. I don't use it. Mayonaise has enough salt.

Better the next day.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #7  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Portia Portia is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Villages
Posts: 146
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

just steamed with olive oil crushed garlic and red pepper, and lemon juice ..yum
  #8  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is a recipe our Helene loves for broccoli salad.

Put broccoli in cuisinart and chop fine like slaw.

Add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries and a handful of grated cheese maybe a few mandarin oranges if you have them..canned.

Add chopped fine green onion and either poppy seed dressing or make your own from mayonaisse with a little sugar tsp to tablespoon depending on amount of salad... enough to moisten. Salt and pepper too if you want it. I don't use it. Mayonaise has enough salt.

Better the next day.
That one is a KEEPER. I am saving it plus printing it out......thankyou.
I'll definitely try this one.
  #9  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
just steamed with olive oil crushed garlic and red pepper, and lemon juice ..yum
Yes, I was raised on broccoli prepared like that.........it's great.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.