2nd Lifestyle Preview

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: 2nd Lifestyle Preview

I have to agree with some posters - to use a friend's identity to get free stuff is fraud It's dishonesty at it's finest!

As I said, our TV rep arranged for us to come back the second time on the preview program with 'all freebies". He knows we want to move to TV once our home is sold so we're not stringing him along. Each time we visited; he showed us homes for sale and new amentiites TV was offering. As well as the new shopping centers, etc.

The next time we come back to TV is to buy and we were already told that the Life Preview will again be in place for us.

I'm not trying to sound like Mary Poppins here but to use a friend's credit card to get free stuff is not right and yes, I agree it's ripping off TV.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Nanci,

Who is your rep. I came down last January and was told no room in the inn. I stayed at the Comfort Suites and spend a day with the rep. Consequently, found another realtor to show me othere communities. However, still prefer what TV have to offer in comparison. Have not heard from my rep since last spring, wondering if she is still there. When my house is sold up here in the North country, I do plan to buy in TV. New, or re-sale, TV rep or other don't know yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Veteran member

Contact Casey Stangle; he's a TV sales agent and will show you both new and previously owned homes.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michtofla
You folks are missing the point of the Lifestyle Preview Plan. It is supposed to be to find out about The Villages and if you like it, buy a place and move in. Not to rip The Villages off for every freebie you can get as many times as you can. I don't want you kind of people moving here. Go rip off Dell Webb or Stonecrest!
Mitch:
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 01-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birumph
You folks are missing the point of the Lifestyle Preview Plan. It is supposed to be to find out about The Villages and if you like it, buy a place and move in. Not to rip The Villages off for every freebie you can get as many times as you can. I don't want you kind of people moving here. Go rip off Dell Webb or Stonecrest!
Seriously birumph? I guarantee you that the costs of any Lifestyle Preview are already in the marketing budget and in no way effect how you live in TV. Granted maybe you shouldn't use a friends identity but otherwise let them come down anytime they want. Heck, that person may become your next best friend!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Seriously birumph? I guarantee you that the costs of any Lifestyle Preview are already in the marketing budget and in no way effect how you live in TV. Granted maybe you shouldn't use a friends identity but otherwise let them come down anytime they want. Heck, that person may become your next best friend!
Russ, not sure I agree. Like insurance fraud drives up the cost of car insurance for everyone. Multiple, fraudulent visits would eventually impact the builder's profit margin, and ultimatley raise home prices. I'd agree they've figured that some percentage of Previewers buy, and those figures are factored into the cost of doing business. But if all of a sudden the same folks continued to vacation in TV time after time using the Preview program as a means of a cheap vacation, with no purchases realized as a result, there would be some impact. Not sure just what would happen, but I doubt there is a limitless supply of freebies for all takers.
That said, the bigger issue to me would be the ability to face myself in the mirror after I did "steal" from this program. Lot's of people have a view that it's OK to steal from big corporations. I'm not of that ilk. I don't think it's OK to take things that don't belong to me no matter who they are from. And it sounds like using another's identity to fool TV would be crossing that line.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Veteran member

Don't understand how any one can use another name when coming down for a Preview.
If I remember correctly, they asked for ID (drivers' license) when we checked in.

Delaware's drivers' license has your picture on it--are there states that don't?

How did those individuals get past that?
Village of Hemmingway
Old 01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
beartrack1

Last year we enjoyed the life style week offered by TV. They treated us like royalty. It was a very nice experience. As a result of this experience we became very interested in TV. We then rented a house from a private party for an entire month. That convinced us that TV is where we want to live. I think that it would be a little greedy of us to ask for another week. If it was offered to us, it would be very nice but, we would feel very embarrassed to ask, and certainly it would be in very poor taste to try to cheat the people that have treated us so well.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I've not had the 1st preview yet LOL, doubt a 2nd will be needed.
I wouldn't cheat 'em to get one, but will take whatever is offered, that's fair
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.