4th of July Fireworks

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Default 4th of July Fireworks

Does TV have a 4th of July fireworks display? If not, do any neighboring communities conduct any displays? What is the 4th without fireworks?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Default Re: 4th of July Fireworks

The Villages have not had a fireworks display in the past. They said it was because of frightening the buffalo. Since they removed them, maybe we'll have fireworks!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Veteran member

I have been told by the sister of the cousin of the Foreman of the chair putter downers at LSL ( very reliable) that there are no fireworks displays provided by the Village itself. Howeve being the safe legal and abiding residents we are I'm sure you can see some local stuff ( heck there's fireworks at my home often when Mrs Handie get riled)
Now in all seriousness there is a group of us forming a golf cart convoy from LSL village SQ right after the last dance and we are headed up Beuna Vista to Bonita in hopes of seeing fireworks from Lady lake, Wildwood, Summerfield, lake Weir etc etc. BYOB, snacks,folding chairs, candles, and $100.00 per person tailgate party fee. OK OK forget the $100.00
Handie :joke:
Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton
The Villages have not had a fireworks display in the past. They said it was because of frightening the buffalo. Since they removed them, maybe we'll have fireworks!
Chel and Tal or was it muncle had fireworks all this week over Buffalo :yikes: Go figure
Old 06-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Tavares is a short drive from The Villages and has a spectacular fireworks display at Wooton Park on Lake Dora. The day includes a 4th of July parade in addition to children's rides and amusements plus activities for adults at the park. Food and beverages are also offered for sale. I went last year with my family and we had an enjoyable day.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Gold member

Correct no fireworks.

However last year all of The Villages orchestra's (there are several of them) joined for a concert at both squares. It was fantastic. The music was so patriotic and a moving experience. After seeing it if I had my choice between the concert and fireworks I would vote for the concert and I am not a music nut.

The orchestra's played at Lake Sumter Landing and then they all moved to Spanish Springs and duplicated the concert. This was done mid afternoon. Again I thought it was fantastic.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Brightspot, Thank you for the info. We will be in TV over the holiday for our second lifestyle preview, and were wondering about the celebration there. Tavares is a great little town. Not quite Mount Dora, but nice. Regards Laurie & Larry
Old 06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

LB

We first went to Mt. Dora's Fourth of July parade and festivities at the lakeside park. It was so-so. The parade was enjoyable but activities at the park were minimal.

We decided to move on to Tavares. Funny thing, we watched almost the same exact parade in Tavares. Obviously, parade participants went from Mt. Dora then to Tavares.

What made Tavares better for us were the activities. The park is much larger so it could pack in more amusements. Since we had a toddler in tow, it was more entertaining for him. They also had water shows.

To add the cherry to the top were the fireworks. They were outstanding!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM

I heard there was a sumter county ordinance against having fireworks. You would have to go into Lake or Marion. Your best bet would be Disney World. They are always specitacular. Silver Springs might have some too. You would have to check.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Sumter County has had fireworks in the past at the Sumter County Fair Grounds. Not sure about his year. Check with Sumter County Chamber of Commerce.

Ocala always has a big fireworks. Not sure where they will have this year, but if you check the Ocala Star Banner closer to July 4th, I am sure it will be advertised.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Does Ocala have a day-long celebration with activities for children? I can't imagine anyplace nicer than Tavares but I'm always open to change.

Since I spend the day with my son, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old grandson, my primary concern is entertainment for the kids.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Ocala has a god and country day. it is all day long and has plenty of activities for everyone. and yes the Fireworks are top notch
Old 06-03-2008, 11:38 PM

I think the Ocala Jaycees are in charge of the God & Country Day and fireworks.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Im sure the "drought": conditions may have something to do with the restricitons in place also
Old 06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltlady
I heard there was a sumter county ordinance against having fireworks. You would have to go into Lake or Marion. Your best bet would be Disney World. They are always specitacular. Silver Springs might have some too. You would have to check.
How many TOTV members could we get up on top of one of those golf ball water towers?? Oh yeh don't forget your binoculars, Disney is over the horizon just abit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.