55 and under getting in trouble

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Default 55 an older

From what I have read, those under 55 getting into trouble are age 19 and over living with someone who is age 55 and older which is legal in the Villages.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:42 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb2458 View Post
From what I have read, those under 55 getting into trouble are age 19 and over living with someone who is age 55 and older which is legal in the Villages.
Most of it is younger people living in surrounding communities not in the Villages.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Most of it is younger people living in surrounding communities not in the Villages.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

Try calling the sheriff office and look at their arrest. You will get your answer. The way a lot get here is they have parents here and usually have been in trouble.They move in with mom and Dad and then In trouble again.Check if you are moving for sexual affenders,particularly if you have children.This is a great place to live but it is not without its crime..again check with the sheriff
Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

They are correct that children must be over 18 to live with parents..Don't be afraid to move here, just be careful like you would in every city. We do have a great community watch that tries to drive through each neighborhood to keep us protected
Old 07-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Default I wouldn't let it stop you

I"ve lived here 2 yr. there was robbery on my street and the police caught them within 1/2 hr. they are ON IT. and YES was blown out of proportion in the neighborhood.

where are you movingfrom? I suspect they crime there is WAY more than here

Come and ENJOYthis amazing place and all it has to offer
Old 07-31-2017, 10:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyNah1 View Post
I"ve lived here 2 yr. there was robbery on my street and the police caught them within 1/2 hr. they are ON IT. and YES was blown out of proportion in the neighborhood.

where are you movingfrom? I suspect they crime there is WAY more than here

Come and ENJOYthis amazing place and all it has to offer
Was the criminal they caught 75 years old?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmakrock@yahoo.com View Post
Try calling the sheriff office and look at their arrest. You will get your answer.
Quote:
The way a lot get here is they have parents here and usually have been in trouble.They move in with mom and Dad and then In trouble again.
Check if you are moving for sexual affenders,particularly if you have children.This is a great place to live but it is not without its crime..again check with the sheriff
Where did you get your information? How would you know this?
Old 08-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsonowen View Post
Actually, there's no requirement that any percentage of TV's residents be under 55. There is a minimum percentage required for 55 and over, though. Confusion about age restriction in 55+ communities is common, but per federal law, it goes like this: at least 80% of the units must be occupied by someone 55 or older. That's it. The Villages, and any other 55 and older development, can do whatever they want with the remaining 20%. They can make it all 55+ or all under 55 or any combination they choose.

As someone under 55 who lives with a parent in TV and reads the news daily, I feel like a disproportionate number of residents who get in serious trouble here are under 55 and living in a parent or other relative's home. That being said, considering the size of TV, there's very little crime of any sort. I think TV is an incredibly safe, quite, and friendly place, relative to the rest of the country, and I bet you won't regret buying here!
In fact, if you do the math, you'll find that it's mathematically possible, although extremely unlikely, for over 80% of the people living here to be under 55.

And yes, we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. That doesn't mean that there is zero crime, but for all of the people who are complaining that TV is going to hell and is dangerous, I'd like to see crime statistics of your home towns compared to The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Look at all the old people being bad according to the online news paper.

The sky is falling.

What should be do???
Old 08-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Default Speakin' of that

Funny (not as in Ha Ha but as in peculiar)

I read this thread yesterday with only a modicum of interest (I'm a seasonal resident) and today I read this @ TVNews:
Villagers’ son arrested after reportedly leaving critically injured woman after night of drinking

you'll have to go to the competing news ; I tried the url input tool several times - no workie - I guess it won't allow a url from a competitor or the tool is inop

Last edited by ffresh; 08-01-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble, living, people, thought, true

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.