7/11 at the corner of Hwy 301 and Warm Springs Ave.

Old 05-25-2024, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,195 Times in 596 Posts
Default Of Course It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
It is a marketing tool of developer
3/4s of the paper is homes for sale by The Villages. Absolutely the Villages Sun is a marketing tool. Just one of the many things that helps with the “Company Town” model.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-25-2024, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,455 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
3/4s of the paper is homes for sale by The Villages. Absolutely the Villages Sun is a marketing tool. Just one of the many things that helps with the “Company Town” model.
That's not true, they do advertise on several pages but not near 3/4 of the print. There is local, county, state, and national news, police blotters, sports section, religious section on Saturdays, health, lots of charity articles, photos sent in by residents, obits, anniversaries, things to do, clubs, travel, gardening, automobiles, lots of good reading in the paper and to see a few pages of homes for sale or open houses is a good feature. The news section may be a day old due to being printed once a day but so is any other printed news outlet.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:26 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,799 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That's not true, they do advertise on several pages but not near 3/4 of the print. There is local, county, state, and national news, police blotters, sports section, religious section on Saturdays, health, lots of charity articles, photos sent in by residents, obits, anniversaries, things to do, clubs, travel, gardening, automobiles, lots of good reading in the paper and to see a few pages of homes for sale or open houses is a good feature. The news section may be a day old due to being printed once a day but so is any other printed news outlet.
I look forward to reading the Daily Sun each morning, as I know so many other Villagers do as well. Keeps me updated on the plethora of things to do in our marvelous, active community. The vast majority of my neighbors subscribe to the daily delivery.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Agree.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Actually good because the one at Magnolia has a 10+ person lineup even during non-snowbird season. Very popular place for local workers for a grab and go lunch.
The one in Magnolia is filthy.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 05-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Gold member

It’s owned by the developer....that was the point I was making to the poster. There are so many that think ‘newspapers’ are all on the level and unbiased. You can tell by the comments....it’s working. I read it as well...but only for contrast from other area fish wraps and of course ToTV. Red Sox owner John Henry...a fellow billionaire....owns the Boston Globe. Need I say more...
Old 05-25-2024, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
The thousands of workers down there need a place to go.

Sadly, the inside of the one at Magnoila is already trashed..
They got a new manager about a month ago. It looks fine to me inside.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,433 Times in 5,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
It’s owned by the developer....that was the point I was making to the poster. There are so many that think ‘newspapers’ are all on the level and unbiased. You can tell by the comments....it’s working. I read it as well...but only for contrast from other area fish wraps and of course ToTV. Red Sox owner John Henry...a fellow billionaire....owns the Boston Globe. Need I say more...
I just wish they would put their opinions in an editorial page and not as part of a news article.

Great place to find out what is going on around the bubble and that is why we are a subscriber
Old 05-25-2024, 09:36 AM
Default Hopefully they will put a traffic light at that corner. Will be a mess if they don't.

BTW...they have started construction on the new CVS going into Magnolia Plaza. Also appears they have started on the Dunkin Donut at Lake Deaton. The Toasted Yoke is finally in build out stage in Lake Deaton. Harry and the Natives is also slowly progressing.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcntech View Post
Harry and the Natives is also slowly progressing.
Slooooooowly is the key word.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 05-25-2024, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
The one in Magnolia is filthy.
It appears grossly understaffed. Looks like it's run by two employees usually at any given time which doesn't seem to be close to enough for the number of people frequenting that location considering all of the things that need to be done other than just the cashier position.

Tags
corner, hwy, warm, springs, ave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.