About One Hundred new listings on MLS today for TV?

Old 06-08-2024, 06:17 AM
Default About One Hundred new listings on MLS today for TV?

As I have said on here before my wife and I have been watching the real estate market in TV for our near-term purchase for retirement. This morning 6-8-24 listings increased from 536 to 635 over night. Interesting turn of events?
Old 06-08-2024, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,360 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
As I have said on here before my wife and I have been watching the real estate market in TV for our near-term purchase for retirement. This morning 6-8-24 listings increased from 536 to 635 over night. Interesting turn of events?
Not really. Well within the historical standard deviation of pre-owned listings. I would also expect that as the population of original owners age and pass, there would be more pre-owned homes for sale. Look at new homes---certain areas are sold out instantly.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not really. Well within the historical standard deviation of pre-owned listings. I would also expect that as the population of original owners age and pass, there would be more pre-owned homes for sale. Look at new homes---certain areas are sold out instantly.

An 18% jump in inventory in ONE DAY is "well within the historical standard deviation"?
Old 06-08-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
This is not that simple the listings all show activity in the listing history over the last month like listing removed, pending, or sold. I keep track of the number of listings every day and yesterday 5-7-24 had the most in 2 years I have kept track at 536 and today it jumped to 635. Something weird...
Old 06-08-2024, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Over the past year, inventory has been growing. It is a buyer's market. If you are not set on a particular home in a specific area, you will be able to purchase a home at a discount price. Hundreds of new builds are sitting in Moultrie Creek. By the end of summer, the developer will most likely have to reduce the price just like Lake Denham and Dabney.

Are you certain your last search did not include homes in the surrounding area and rentals? Sounds like a big jump in one day.
At this point, the exact number available does not matter. Homes are sitting in every Village with many forced to reduce the asking price. Some more than $50,000.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 06-08-2024 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
An 18% jump in inventory in ONE DAY is "well within the historical standard deviation"?
The total is within the historical range. And do the MLS listings tend to renew on the same day? But keep us posted to see if this a true trend.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I've also been watching and my initial guess is a glitch.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,223 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
It has jumped. Many normally limited markets in Florida are surging in inventory. I would certainly wait and see how it plays out for a few days. The Fed leak that rates are remaining yesterday might be what’s going on? I know the FRED has A LOT of people concerned. The Las Vegas real estate market kind of emulates The Villages market and last weeks numbers show it is getting clobbered. We are perhaps edging into the big drop? Look for about 20% when all is said and done.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0411.jpg
Views:	3753
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	104422  

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 06-08-2024, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
This is not that simple the listings all show activity in the listing history over the last month like listing removed, pending, or sold. I keep track of the number of listings every day and yesterday 5-7-24 had the most in 2 years I have kept track at 536 and today it jumped to 635. Something weird...
And what was it 6 years ago? 8? 10?

Unless it continues, nothing weird at all.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
I've also been watching and my initial guess is a glitch.
I thought so also until you look at the listing history and they all show changes in last month or so.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Default There are many on the market

Quote:
I thought so also until you look at the listing history and they all show changes in last month or so.
If you lived here, you would note many many many homes are starting to sit. Rental signs from private companies are also everywhere. A valid correction would be at about early of summer 2021 prices.

You should see rentals going down in price soon. Villagers sometimes sell to “jump” to another place in the Villages. The home won’t always sell, so what happens, they rent. More rentals will effect that lower price point. Remember, most of those homes were bought at that cheaper window price point.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 06-08-2024 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Over the past year, inventory has been growing. It is a buyer's market. If you are not set on a particular home in a specific area, you will be able to purchase a home at a discount price. Hundreds of new builds are sitting in Moultrie Creek. By the end of summer, the developer will most likely have to reduce the price just like Lake Denham and Dabney.

Are you certain your last search did not include homes in the surrounding area and rentals? Sounds like a big jump in one day.
At this point, the exact number available does not matter. Homes are sitting in every Village with many forced to reduce the asking price. Some more than $50,000.
The developer lowers the pricing on any villages homes that don’t sell. 3 years ago when I bought there were discounted homes in 2 other villages. Chitty Chatty and Bradford. I chose to go with a different village and pay full price.
Old 06-08-2024, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
The developer lowers the pricing on any villages homes that don’t sell. 3 years ago when I bought there were discounted homes in 2 other villages. Chitty Chatty and Bradford. I chose to go with a different village and pay full price.
250 + homes were reduced in Lake Denham and Dabney. Nearly 100 are still available one year after completion. While those 100 homes are sitting at reduced prices, new builds in Moultrie Creek are starting to pile up. This is nothing like previous years. Inventory is much larger.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 06-08-2024 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2024, 07:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
250 + homes were reduced in Lake Denham and Dabney. Nearly 100 are still available one year after completion. While those 100 homes are sitting at reduced prices, new builds in Moultrie Creek are starting to pile up. This is nothing like previous years. Inventory is much larger.
Facts to back that up????
Old 06-08-2024, 07:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Cherry Picking

Quote:
250 + homes were reduced in Lake Denham and Dabney. Nearly 100 are still available one year after completion. While those 100 homes are sitting at reduced prices, new builds in Moultrie Creek are starting to pile up. This is nothing like previous years.
Cherry picking has taken place in most new areas, it’s the kissing lanais nobody wants that are cluttering everything. IMHO, the builder has to really enforce his shadowing of properties as a firm policy. Markets change, so may the building out policy if the recession plays out. The premier idea might be too late and played out at the wrong time. Dabney looks stagnant. Remember, the socioeconomic retirement demographic has changed quite a bit because of inflation. It will reflect on retirement options for fixed income retirees. There are less “haves” and more “have nots” in the retirement age group.

Last edited by Normal; 06-08-2024 at 07:58 AM.

Tags
listings, purchase, retirement, morning, 6-8-24

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.