After Hours Dog Walking on the Golf Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2021, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

[QUOTE=golfing eagles;1960994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post

And who is going to monitor the behavior of those that are trespassing on the golf courses? They've already shown a willingness to disregard the rules in the first place, so why does anyone think they will then be respectful of property that doesn't belong to them?
You wouldn't believe what happens on a golf course after the ambassadors leave. It becomes a dog park, a dog potty, cyclists riding on the fairways and greens, grandkids with fishing poles headed to a pond, people joyriding in their golf carts sometimes through sand traps and on greens, etc. And don't tell me it doesn't happen, because I've watched every one of those scenarios take place from my lanai. The easiest way to prevent it is to not allow anyone on the course who isn't playing golf----Oh, yeah, that IS the rule.
Yes, there are rules. But, there is also having flexibility in applying those rules to different situations. For example........grandkids fishing in a lake and golf cars running over greens and in sand traps.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
I wonder if those who are upset, about dogs and people on the golf courses, after hours, are also those who illegally tweaked their golf carts to go faster? Now you have something else to complain about.
You know they are...and they literally think they run the joint.
And maybe, just maybe they think their macho attitude is attractive to women....let me tell you...women run to the hills to get away from this "type"
Old 06-17-2021, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
If you don't live on a golf course then you don't understand. After hours...after the course closes homeowners on the courses should expect privacy...peace and quiet and when this rule is broken they're not getting what they paid for

Well...ain't that too bad.
Do you really think that big piece of green grass way behind your house is yours??? Come on....you are smarter
Old 06-17-2021, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's a crock of BS, and I think even you realize it.
Maybe NOT Mr. Disbeliever of ideas outside of your own. Economically speaking, there are 2 types of costs in this situation 1) called Direct costs - those that are EASILY quantifiable such as Heavy digging equipment, grass cutting mowers, fuel, fertilizer, weed killer, employees wages - and 2) INDIRECT costs which are harder to calculate (but NOT impossible) - such as environmental degradation caused by weed killer and fertilizer runoff into lakes and potentially a water supply. Noise pollution IS a much bigger problem than MOST people care to realize. Gasoline engine pollution that leads to Global Warming and international drilling rights fights and regional tension. Golf courses cause natural trees and shrubs to be eliminated, which have large leaves to absorb dust and carbon dioxide and give back oxygen. Trees and shrubs act to block destructive winds from tornadoes and hurricanes - golf courses are just big wind tunnels!
Old 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
It is against the rules, and trespassing,to fish in ANY pond or lake within any course. In Lake Sumter it is ILLEGAL to fish there. That's when, if those "grand kids" don't want to leave, the Sheriff is called. Everyone along that lake knows that LAW
I'll take your word that fishing is illegal in those lakes. I don't see ANY logic in that. Seems to me to be JUST another "hissy fit" by the overly protective Golf Dictators. Those are the type of rules that practically BEG to be changed. ALL residents pay amenities property taxes, sales tax, and other taxes at the SAME rate for non-golfers as golfers. So there is NO logic where non-golfers should be 2nd class citizens and denied simple recreational rights to the LAND. Golf courses use OBSCENE areas of land and water - and SERVE ONLY a select few. Golf is DECREASING IN POPULARITY as a sport. Many courses are closing. These are all reasons to re-think RULES that JUST irritate the general public.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If you haven't lived golf most of your life on a golf course or near one like a lot of us have, there isn't any use trying to explain.

It isn't there to walk on. The ponds aren't there to fish on. It is trespassing.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The algae part may have some merit, but the rest is jibber-jabber. Global warming???? NO SUCH THING (and by that I mean it has nothing to do with human activity, just a part of the 5 million year long climatological cycle we are current in. BTW, do you know we are still, by definition, in an ICE AGE)?????
Thank you about the algae! Since I brought that to your attention and you grudgingly agreed that I might be right. I will try to make a bigger leap forward for mankind. Over 80% of scientists believe in man-made Global Warming. Why do you think I said that about masses of people INVADING the US and Europe from the SOUTH. You KNOW that is TRUE. It is EVERYWHERE, in every corner of ALL media. Droughts are causing social instability in Central America and North Africa and driving STARVING people northward. The oceans are rising far more rapidly in the last 10 years than in the last 100 years. It has to be MAN-MADE! You are intelligent! So much so that I am STUNNED to know that you are controlled by propaganda that was put out originally by the gas and oil interests. I know that you are conservative, but this is over the TOP. For your own state of mind and future intellectual RESPECT, I SINCERELY call upon you to MERELY revisit the matter. Just rethink it (for just a little bit) with an OPEN mind. What do you think that Einstein would think?
Old 06-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
For example........grandkids fishing in a lake and golf cars running over greens and in sand traps.
Grand kids fishing in Lake Sumter is "ILLEGAL" and the grandma and pa know this and allow it. Entitled and elite. If those grand kids don't listen the Sheriff is called period. End of discussion.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
There you go breaking another rule. Spectators are allowed on the golf course but are required to stay in the golf cart
Can you point out to me where the Spectator Rules require the spectator to remain in the cart, please?
https://www.districtgov.org/departme...r%20Policy.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	130
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	89870  
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, dog, permitted, isn’t, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.