Ages of residents North vs Southern Area

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Another thread that has turned into Northern villagers highlighting some possible negatives and ignoring the many positives of the South end of TV.
And here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
Other than the desire to buy a new home, I fail to see why anyone would purchase a house south of 44. The amenities are considerably thinner. Simply compare the number of golf courses. Then compare Sumter Landing to Sawgrass.
Keep in mind, a new house has no ‘new house’ appeal to potential buyers the day after it’s initially occupied.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. South of 44 is an all bedroom suburb of the real Villages.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Most everything that is being built is in the northern Villages. Not much down south at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny923! View Post
Wow really? You are funny! (And clueless)
Some posters are very negative if one lives anywhere except their village. Coffeebean truly believes, the south has no curb appeal, flowers, waterfalls, (thinking one means bubblers in the ponds), shopping and restaurants.
So sad some residents truly believe all of us who live south, are so deprived of the utopia they reside in.

We came from coffeebeans area, and have slowly moved to the south to the new areas.

So glad we did, enjoy the slightly different lifestyle in the south. But will say that 5 minute cart ride over the bridge, to Brownwood is just grueling for restaurants, and grocery
Old 01-24-2023, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinh11791 View Post
Hello. I have been reading about the newer areas of the Villages (southern areas) being sold to younger residents while the northern areas are mostly resales to older residents. Is this true or pretty common? Thank you. MarvinH
I have lived in different places in TV. I now live in the southern area. I can tell you that you see more activity down here. Walkers, riders, runners, etc. The design of the area includes many more places (trails etc.) for those who wish to be active. Less focus on golf. Edna's and Sawgrass are smaller "gathering spots" and are great.

And yes, I believe that it is a younger population along with being more active.

As far as which area is better - Ignore all the posts that talk poorly about one area or another. Many people speak from negative emotions and therefore should be disregarded. It is their way of dealing with something.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:55 AM

One thing I will say is the perception of young people being more fit and active than old people is not the way it is here in the villages. I love the new areas because everyone moves in together at the same time pretty much and makes their friends. My next door neighbors were almost 3 decades older than me and they were great people.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:01 AM

Generally speaking, the older the part the villages the older the over all population because many bought back when it was being built. The new section, (again generally speaking ) are new retirees so they are a younger group. You will find a mix of people in each section, but definitely more older up north, and younger south. We have a neighbor that lived in within walking distance of Sumter landing and they moved down south and love it. Why? Everyone on their street didn’t want to do anything after 7pm because most were 75+. No one wanted throw neighborhood street parties, and be very active. They moved down south and got exactly what they wanted. Again, there are exceptions to everything, but people just retiring or retiring in a few years, would make up at least 70% of the southern group. My stat comes from observation and living in the south.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Hello. I have been reading about the newer areas of the Villages (southern areas) being sold to younger residents while the northern areas are mostly resales to older residents. Is this true or pretty common? Thank you. MarvinH
I live in Chatham and seeing a lot of houses turning over to younger folks- husband and I are in our early 60’s- I’m still working- and we also see very active 65+ folks!
Old 01-24-2023, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Well we bought in Orange Blossom and I’m 64 and my wife is 59, so I guess it all depends on what you mean by old or young.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,776 Times in 1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny923! View Post
Wow really? You are funny! (And clueless)
I believe the reference is to assisted living/memory care facilities. That huge one being built just off the path adjacent to Hole #1 on Saddlebrook, for example.

Makes sense. As couples age it is pretty certain that one or the other of them will require such care, while the other one doesn't. While there are numerous exceptions the general rule is that the older folks live "north". Having such a facility close by makes it easier to visit the person in the facility
Old 01-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Default age

as a group people buy in the current new area in their 50s and it keeps moving south over time
Old 01-24-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,776 Times in 1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Some posters are very negative if one lives anywhere except their village. Coffeebean truly believes, the south has no curb appeal, flowers, waterfalls, (thinking one means bubblers in the ponds), shopping and restaurants.
So sad some residents truly believe all of us who live south, are so deprived of the utopia they reside in.

We came from coffeebeans area, and have slowly moved to the south to the new areas.

So glad we did, enjoy the slightly different lifestyle in the south. But will say that 5 minute cart ride over the bridge, to Brownwood is just grueling for restaurants, and grocery
Great post.

The truth is that it is ALL subjective. The Villages is not one huge entity, but rather a series of neighborhoods, most of pretty homogeneous design and all with their own particular flavor and appeal. It was designed to be that way. Some folks are attracted by four-bed, three-bath homes with swimming pools. Others prefer homes of more modest dimensions with commensurately less maintenance. Avid golfers might seek out a neighborhood close to executive and/or championship golf courses. Other people couldn't care less about golf. Some people crave peace and quiet so a home on a cul-de-sac or circle that also serves as a golf-cart shortcut to a square might not be their cup of tea. Others couldn't care less. Some like tall, mature oaks with a whole lot of shade, while others shiver at the thought of raking up leaves and acorns. And so on.

That is the appeal of The Villages. Something for everybody. Just because it might not be to one's particular taste certainly doesn't mean that it won't appeal to another's.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
We wanted brand new coming from a 50 y/o fixer upper in CA. We are 68/70 and bought brand new down south. Several of our neighbors are our age or close to it. We’ve met all ages down here, not just younger retirees.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
And here it is:
Didn’t want to disappoint.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:56 AM

The Age of New Home Sales in "The Villages".

Very True statistics as new homes will always be sold to younger people who are new retirees or buying before they retire and rent before they move to "The Villages".
I blame this rental aspect on "The Village" Cloned Salespeople convincing people to buy a new home to rent making their sales higher.
Perhaps you do not believe me, Just ask people you meet what they know about this.
When we moved into "Village of Amelia" in 2009 and had a new home built everyone was about the same age. Here i could fit 6 cars parked in my driveway
We found the same scenario upon moving to Pine Hills in 2018 where we found a home being built that we liked. This home had a large corner property with a fenced-in yard for our dog. On this property, I could have parked 4 to 5 cars in my driveway.
If you happen to look at homes Southe of CR-44 you will as well notice the properties are smaller. In some properties, you can't even fit a larger car in the driveway as they have been shortened. Whereas on most properties you can fit only one or two cars. Some Villas have long driveways which seems strange to me.

Then in 2020, we decided to move out of "The Villages" as the newer homes South of CR-44 had no Shopping, only one Restaurant, nor enough Recreation Centers were built to accommodate the influx of new purchasers. Terrible for new buyers.
This forced them to use all the facilities North of CR-44 making it way overcrowded.
Seems the "Morse Money-hungry Moguls" are more concerned with making high profits from selling new homes rather than providing Shopping, Restaurants, and Recreation Centers to accommodate the new home buyers South of CR-44.
This is shameful of them, as the originators of "The Villages" built the community first to attract buyers, not like now building homes first South of CR-44. Maybe a Rec. Center every now and then.
Please don't get me wrong we did like "The Villages" and were attracted there to retire as they offered many stores, restaurants, and Recreation Centers and 2 Town Squares. Then about 7 years ago they built the "Brownwood Town Square" opening in 2012 as they were building new homes around it.
If you noticed South of CR-44 there is no Town Square for all of the resident's enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Here are the average age of registered voters in The VIllages
Old 01-24-2023, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
The Age of New Home Sales in "The Villages".

Very True statistics as new homes will always be sold to younger people who are new retirees or buying before they retire and rent before they move to "The Villages".
I blame this rental aspect on "The Village" Cloned Salespeople convincing people to buy a new home to rent making their sales higher.
Perhaps you do not believe me, Just ask people you meet what they know about this.
When we moved into "Village of Amelia" in 2009 and had a new home built everyone was about the same age. Here i could fit 6 cars parked in my driveway
We found the same scenario upon moving to Pine Hills in 2018 where we found a home being built that we liked. This home had a large corner property with a fenced-in yard for our dog. On this property, I could have parked 4 to 5 cars in my driveway.
If you happen to look at homes Southe of CR-44 you will as well notice the properties are smaller. In some properties, you can't even fit a larger car in the driveway as they have been shortened. Whereas on most properties you can fit only one or two cars. Some Villas have long driveways which seems strange to me.

Then in 2020, we decided to move out of "The Villages" as the newer homes South of CR-44 had no Shopping, only one Restaurant, nor enough Recreation Centers were built to accommodate the influx of new purchasers. Terrible for new buyers.
This forced them to use all the facilities North of CR-44 making it way overcrowded.
Seems the "Morse Money-hungry Moguls" are more concerned with making high profits from selling new homes rather than providing Shopping, Restaurants, and Recreation Centers to accommodate the new home buyers South of CR-44.
This is shameful of them, as the originators of "The Villages" built the community first to attract buyers, not like now building homes first South of CR-44. Maybe a Rec. Center every now and then.
Please don't get me wrong we did like "The Villages" and were attracted there to retire as they offered many stores, restaurants, and Recreation Centers and 2 Town Squares. Then about 7 years ago they built the "Brownwood Town Square" opening in 2012 as they were building new homes around it.
If you noticed South of CR-44 there is no Town Square for all of the resident's enjoyment.
You should come back (for a visit) and see what has happened since you left. You could up date your complaints.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:21 AM

I'm guessing that some to many of the new buyers are snow birds and vote wherever full-time home is so they don't show in the graph of FL register voters. I'm one of those along with another neighbor and other friends. 60's, own homes here, snowbirds and vote at home.
Closed Thread

Tags
residents, areas, southern, older, resales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.