Airbnb in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
For those of you who might be interested in seeing this guy, you probably missed it because as soon as I hit submit on my above post, he appeared on the television.

wow That guy sure seems hyper. His company is doing just fine.

He seemed really excited about the increasing market for people to rent out just a room while the owner continues to live in the house. He also said something to the effect that the high cost of buying a home now will increase the potential for one-room rentals, as people try to meet the increasing expenses of home ownership.

He spoke briefly about security measures and how he thinks AI is going to help Airbnb.

It was a very short interview, maybe 2 minutes. He talks fast so he got in a lot of points.

If you want to watch it, I assume it can be found later on the CNBC site.

Boomer
I think renting a room in an owner occupied home would be a bad idea, certainly for me. I use Airbnb for stays at an entire house — lots of room and privacy, that’s the point.

Airbnb’s CEO is stressing its new “rent a room” feature, and to me that means the CEO could be aiming to compete with hotels, where most of the time you’re renting a room. But you’re also staying with the home’s owner and family. Who wants a stranger living in their home, one who you or another family member may not get along with?
Old 05-06-2023, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,086 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
I think renting a room in an owner occupied home would be a bad idea, certainly for me. I use Airbnb for stays at an entire house — lots of room and privacy, that’s the point.

Airbnb’s CEO is stressing its new “rent a room” feature, and to me that means the CEO could be aiming to compete with hotels, where most of the time you’re renting a room. But you’re also staying with the home’s owner and family. Who wants a stranger living in their home, one who you or another family member may not get along with?
That concept may just fit into "birds of a feather"
Old 05-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I see you caught that CNBC interview with Chesky this morning, too.

He sure was pushing those by-the-room rentals. He was so wound up and into that idea, he made me wonder what’s next? By the hour?

Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
The part I didn't understand was how they ensure that the room renter is not a safety risk.

Caymus, I don’t even understand vice versa.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-06-2023 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Took out ‘the’ in front of vice versa…..still not sure if it was OK in the first place. Ohhhh, the angst!
Closed Thread

Tags
airbnb, violations, age, week, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.