All I expect is a small amount of kindness.

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2023, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,476 Times in 2,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
You and your wide are fortunate to have each other. If possible do not let this occupy too much of your time.
Are you insinuating my wide is overweight?
Old 08-21-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
“Entitled” simply means “I’m a selfish person, my needs are the only ones that count. Live with it!” And then when they are called on it, they try to defend their attitude.
You're entitled to your opinion.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBnWitty View Post
See what you did there? You are good. That, was good.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Chee View Post
I have noticed recently in some of the aerobic and yoga classes that people come in early and save spots for friends. Some people have gone as far as coming early putting down name tags and then leaving later they come back and expect their spot to be saved. These classes are very popular and many people would like to participate. Some participants have gone as far to have people move because it’s not their spot. Such high school behavior shouldn’t be allowed if this place is in fact, the friendliest place the friendliest city, and everyone is kind and understanding, why not treat other people who are interested in good health with more respect. Do you want a specific spot get there early there’s room for everyone there are classes available throughout each week , be kind others why not make a new friend rather than treat someone like they don’t belong.
Isn’t the solution in this case the same as in other similar situations (general admission seating with no assigned or reserved seating) that if you want a certain spot at an event you need to get there first, and BEFORE all others and take the spot where you wish to be seated? Bring a book to read as you wait for class to begin. Reserving spots by throwing down blankets, leaving markers, lawn chairs, etc., has been happening for as long as public events have been occurring. Fair or not. It probably was a common occurrence as far back as the Coliseum in Ancient Rome … I can imagine folks leaving their togas on seats prior to the gladiator events and battles with wild animals.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBnWitty View Post
Thank you. And you are too… but you know that is just one way of using the word, don’t you?
Old 08-22-2023, 06:44 AM

I agree with the writer. It was one of the things I looked forward to attending.. after the 2nd time-I found other things to do outside the villages. I laugh when I see them requesting new people. Who would allow themselves to be treated like…..
Old 08-22-2023, 06:53 AM
Location: Currently live in White Bear Lake, MN/Alhambra Village, FL. Lived in Columbia, SC. From Beacon, NY.

Gosh. No matter where you live and what state, the same issue always occurs. A few people always feel entitled. I struggle with that in Minnesota at the YMCA (just last night actually). I noticed in The Villages one room had signs indicating that isn’t allowed, but they still do it. There is a code of ethics that no one follows. The instructors don’t get paid so it probably shouldn’t be them to say anything. Most instructors in The Villages instruct out of kindness. It truly makes it difficult for new people to join in because often they have to go to the back of the room and can’t see the instructor. How about the students that try to outdo the instructor? Now that is a new conversation :-).
Old 08-22-2023, 06:59 AM

Be careful with the seat saving issue at the squares. The hourly announcement says something to the effect of “if you do plan to save seats, at least one member of the party must stay by the seats”. This announcement does open the possibility of one person saving say, 15 seats.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
We do a lot of cruising: it is nothing for people to put a towel on a good chair by the pool and then disappear for inordinate amounts of time.
This is one of the largest complaints by cruisers. I can see why. Not so much for me. Being from sunny Florida where you are never out of sight of a pool, laying around a pool on my cruise isn't high on my list...
Closed Thread

Tags
people, early, classes, spot, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.