America's Healthiest Hometown

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,689
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I always chuckle when I think of the label "AMERICA'S HEALTHIEST HOMETOWN" then read about a recipe in the "Villages" newspaper that is loaded with salt, butter, cream etc.
__________________
Les
  #32  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 PM
bobbym bobbym is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Seeing how good the people in The Villages look takes the worry out of having birthdays.
  #33  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,650
Thanks: 1,307
Thanked 174 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.
VPL, don't shoot the messenger, I am kidding!

A glass of red wine is the equivalent to an hour at the gym, says new study - MyDaily UK
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
  #34  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:38 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,841
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.
VPL, don't shoot the messenger, I am kidding!

A glass of red wine is the equivalent to an hour at the gym, says new study - MyDaily UK

Bare - I like the way you think.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #35  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

One of the clearest non sequitur and short sighted statements I find on this forum is the one that goes something like this. "If you don't like it then move " or "you have options" meaning then move, etc.

If that statement had true validity then this country would never have come to fruition. The founding fathers didn't leave when they disagreed with the governing powers at the time, now did they? No they stayed and they formed the greatest democracy on earth, one, that nation after nation attempt to emulate

So too we find residents who have legitimate concerns and/or possible solution about this community but instead of getting support we have some residents who find a need to chide and discredit their concerns and dismiss them out of hand
  #36  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,396
Thanks: 147
Thanked 583 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
One of the clearest non sequitur and short sighted statements I find on this forum is the one that goes something like this. "If you don't like it then move " or "you have options" meaning then move, etc.

If that statement had true validity then this country would never have come to fruition. The founding fathers didn't leave when they disagreed with the governing powers at the time, now did they? No they stayed and they formed the greatest democracy on earth, one, that nation after nation attempt to emulate

So too we find residents who have legitimate concerns and/or possible solution about this community but instead of getting support we have some residents who find a need to chide and discredit their concerns and dismiss them out of hand
Can't argue with those observations, rubicon. But there are also a few who find fault with almost everything...and not in any constructive way that I can see. That is a totally different situation imho.
  #37  
Old 02-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Perhaps one of the biggest charades here is the "Lifestyle Visit."

The Lifestyle Visit is nothing like living here. It is a complete charade under the pretense of being a Disney World for adults.

The only way to know what it's like to live here is to rent for a few months. There are those who have said, If I knew then what I know now . . ."
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #38  
Old 02-02-2015, 04:29 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,396
Thanks: 147
Thanked 583 Times in 242 Posts
Default America's Healthiest Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Perhaps one of the biggest charades here is the "Lifestyle Visit."

The Lifestyle Visit is nothing like living here. It is a complete charade under the pretense of being a Disney World for adults.

The only way to know what it's like to live here is to rent for a few months. There are those who have said, If I knew then what I know now . . ."
Couldn't disagree more. And yes, we did the lifestyle visit...twice. It is what you make of it.
  #39  
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
looneycat's Avatar
looneycat looneycat is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I always chuckle when I think of the label "AMERICA'S HEALTHIEST HOMETOWN" then read about a recipe in the "Villages" newspaper that is loaded with salt, butter, cream etc.
really? i lost 65 lbs eating food like that, just less of it. If I had to eat crappy 'diet' food I never would have stuck to it......
__________________
I observe all things, I just don't give a damn about most!
looneycat
  #40  
Old 02-02-2015, 12:53 PM
manaboutown's Avatar
manaboutown manaboutown is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Posts: 5,027
Thanks: 3,793
Thanked 1,383 Times in 525 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Barefoot;1004699][SIZE=3]Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.
VPL, don't shoot the messenger, I am kidding!

Or perhaps about drinking the Kool-Aid and relocating to The Villages.

Studies are showing that socialization is a very important factor contributing to longevity. The Villages provides wonderful opportunities for socialization.
__________________
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.