Another Direct TV question.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Platinum member
Default Another Direct TV question.

I'm about to order Direct TV. I need to have service in an RV as well and know that Direct has the equipment to do this. My question is....Direct now has "mini genies" that are used in place of the regular box. Does anyone know if these mini things can be used in the rv, or must I get the older one?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Sage
Default Don't Know, But...

If you use my DirecTV account number when you sign up, both you and I will get a $10 per month deduction from our bills. I'll send you a PM with my name and account number. Remember, you have to give them the number before you sign up. If you try to use it even one day later, their discount offer won't be available.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Only the Genie is a receiver and you will need to take it with you in your RV. Or use an older receiver. We don't have the genie system and just use one of our bedroom receivers when we use our motorhome. Its too much trouble taking our main receiver as it is connected to our surround sound, etc...too many wires. If you want the genie I'd tell them I need a standard receiver in one bedroom, (a room where you dont need dvr service, so you can take it with you). BTW you can get the $10 discount by using anyone's current account number. Ask any friend who has Direct TV for their number and give it to Direct TV when you first sign up. Good luck. BTW, what RV do you have? We full timed in a Rexall Roseair for three years before buying a CYV here. Still use our Roseair to travel to the beach..
Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
Only the Genie is a receiver and you will need to take it with you in your RV. Or use an older receiver. We don't have the genie system and just use one of our bedroom receivers when we use our motorhome. Its too much trouble taking our main receiver as it is connected to our surround sound, etc...too many wires. If you want the genie I'd tell them I need a standard receiver in one bedroom, (a room where you dont need dvr service, so you can take it with you). BTW you can get the $10 discount by using anyone's current account number. Ask any friend who has Direct TV for their number and give it to Direct TV when you first sign up. Good luck. BTW, what RV do you have? We full timed in a Rexall Roseair for three years before buying a CYV here. Still use our Roseair to travel to the beach..
Thank you for the info. The RV is a Newmar 5th wheel that will spend the summer in Wisconsin.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
If you use my DirecTV account number when you sign up, both you and I will get a $10 per month deduction from our bills. I'll send you a PM with my name and account number. Remember, you have to give them the number before you sign up. If you try to use it even one day later, their discount offer won't be available.
Thanks...sent you a PM
Old 03-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Gold member

I have had both Directv and Dish in motorhomes. I don't know anything about the Genie but I do know if you want HD tv you have more choices with Dish for your antenna. For example, there are no domes that can receive Directv in HD but there are multiple domes that can receive Dish HD. There are also some portable automatic antenna systems that work pretty well.

Newmar makes a nice RV, we used to have a Newmar Mountain Aire. Now we have a Tiffin Allegro Bus.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post

VK:

You haven't been posting much lately yet when an opportunity to make $10 per month pops up out of the blue guess who jumps on it!

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-14-2013, 05:58 AM

Best you check directly with Direct TV about this because they have made some very huge changes to their equiptment lately. In fact, if I disconnect my basic receiver in the bedroom, my HDVR will not pickup a signal because the cables have been changed. If someone is giving you advice who has not had a recent update to their equipment (2 years) I would take heed. Call Direct they really do a great job in the area of customer service.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.