Another Golf Cart Accident

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Interesting article on this very subject...to call or not to call.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/featu...,3695347.story
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Platinum member
Question

Isn't 911 for life-and-death emergencies only and not for routine reporting? The article talks about calling 911 even if there are no injuries, etc. Why couldn't you just call the police dispatcher directly and leave 911 for the serious stuff? There would still be a police record of the incident.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
Based on the witnesses it seemed to me the driver and occupant were in no physical or mental condition to drive. It is also doubtful if the cart were in a safe condition to drive. Someone with more professional experience should have been making the decision.

Having a bad day does not negate the need for police intervention. Laws were broken, people were hurt and property was damaged. One would not be calling "the police on them" but calling the police to report an accident with injuries and property damage.
you seem to be doing a lot of editorializing. mental conditions,narrowly missing the car, golf cart in no condition to be driven etc etc. sounds like you make mountains out of mole hills.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Isn't 911 for life-and-death emergencies only and not for routine reporting? The article talks about calling 911 even if there are no injuries, etc. Why couldn't you just call the police dispatcher directly and leave 911 for the serious stuff? There would still be a police record of the incident.
There is also a 911 for non life and death problems like flag stealing, etc. I you call the number you can leave a report and an officer will call you back and take your complaint. If necessary, they will come out to your house an take a formal complaint.

The number is 1-352-732-9111

I called them when my Halloween flag was stolen off of my house just so they would be aware in case someone else called in the same type of thievery in our area.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Gold member
Default golf cart

If I was there, I would not have called police.. The man said,he did not need police, or fire rescue. Seems like a lot of nothing. Sometimes,just leave it alone.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.