Arc meeting

Old 05-24-2024, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I think you either got bad info or things may have changed.

I turned in an application on May 13th and I'm on the agenda for May 29th, 16 day wait. Had I waited until Tuesday May 14th to turn in my application it would have been on the June 12th agenda, 30 day wait. I guess in round terms that makes it between 2 & 1/2 and 4 & 1/2 weeks.

I think she said they meet every 2 weeks and you've got to be in before the end of the day 2 the Mondays before the meeting.

In any case it seems like a long time to me, maybe I'm a little impatient....
I think it matters what district you’re in. When our house was built in District 13 it could take a couple weeks because of the large amount of new homes. I was told by the “ARC Girl” now that things have settled down, if you get your application in by Tuesday you’ll most likely be on the following week’s agenda. I’ve done four applications. All of them were approved within 3 weeks.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-24-2024, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
I think you either got bad info or things may have changed.

I turned in an application on May 13th and I'm on the agenda for May 29th, 16 day wait. Had I waited until Tuesday May 14th to turn in my application it would have been on the June 12th agenda, 30 day wait. I guess in round terms that makes it between 2 & 1/2 and 4 & 1/2 weeks.

I think she said they meet every 2 weeks and you've got to be in before the end of the day 2 the Mondays before the meeting.

In any case it seems like a long time to me, maybe I'm a little impatient....
ARC meets weekly, you can watch for agenda online, when a new village open they have hundreds of applications within Weeks of closing.

It’s our fourth new village, happens with each new village released, for about the first 4 months. Depending on how many newly released villages are selling homes (today more than in years past. The agenda fills quickly.

As I stated ours was among 146 homes just in our new neighborhood, plus add in the 3 other new villages, and preowned. Meeting only holds so many new business slots, and room for old business first.

Since we have been at this for awhile we didn’t make any exterior changes for 8 months, our ARC approval and permit were filed first week of September. Approval for pool, was end of October. Equipment arrived the day after approval. Our landscaping wasn’t filed until January, which was at the same time new release of 2 villages.

In 2007 agenda in a week, 2010 about 1.5 weeks. By 2020 month in not out of question, but multiple villages are released today then when we first arrived when one village was closing out, before next one released

Last edited by asianthree; 05-24-2024 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
ARC meets weekly, you can watch for agenda online, when a new village open they have hundreds of applications within Weeks of closing.

It’s our fourth new village, happens with each new village released, for about the first 4 months. Depending on how many newly released villages are selling homes (today more than in years past. The agenda fills quickly.

As I stated ours was among 146 homes just in our new neighborhood, plus add in the 3 other new villages, and preowned. Meeting only holds so many new business slots, and room for old business first.

Since we have been at this for awhile we didn’t make any exterior changes for 8 months, our ARC approval and permit were filed first week of September. Approval for pool, was end of October. Equipment arrived the day after approval. Our landscaping wasn’t filed until January, which was at the same time new release of 2 villages.

In 2007 agenda in a week, 2010 about 1.5 weeks. By 2020 month in not out of question, but multiple villages are released today then when we first arrived when one village was closing out, before next one released
That makes sense, I think I'm in district 14 so maybe or applications have slowed down a little making the 2 1/2 week turn around possible. The first application I put in was about Jan 1 and was about the same turnaround as I recall so maybe we've been slow send then?
Old 05-24-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
That makes sense, I think I'm in district 14 so maybe or applications have slowed down a little making the 2 1/2 week turn around possible. The first application I put in was about Jan 1 and was about the same turnaround as I recall so maybe we've been slow send then?

I just went out and found the agendas for the meetings and holy crap district 14 has 143 items on the agenda for the next meeting. I opened a few of the applications and many of them are not simple and straightforward rather complex projects. If this is a typical load they must be extremely efficient as they move through the applications.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:14 AM

Been there several times, got their approval on all of my requests. So true on your statement that people in The Villages should know what they signed for when they purchased their home!
Old 05-24-2024, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNET View Post
Been there several times, got their approval on all of my requests. So true on your statement that people in The Villages should know what they signed for when they purchased their home!
True, but....
- Rules change. Several CDDs reworked their ARC manual this year
- Some rules are unexpected. Who would have thought that an attractive mural on the garage door was a violation?

Some things need to be learned over time or through experience.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-24-2024, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
True, but....
- Rules change. Several CDDs reworked their ARC manual this year
- Some rules are unexpected. Who would have thought that an attractive mural on the garage door was a violation?

Some things need to be learned over time or through experience.
Not to mention trolls were eliminated in some districts.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
I just went out and found the agendas for the meetings and holy crap district 14 has 143 items on the agenda for the next meeting. I opened a few of the applications and many of them are not simple and straightforward rather complex projects. If this is a typical load they must be extremely efficient as they move through the applications.
Now you see the agenda, one can appreciate the process and how well ARC is run. We mostly attend our meetings, in case there are questions, they can be asked and hopefully answered so a refilling isn’t necessary. For our pool we and our company attended.

Try to go to a meeting it’s not cookie cutter meeting, each application is individually viewed and voted
Old 05-24-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

Try to go to a meeting it’s not cookie cutter meeting, each application is individually viewed and voted
I think I will attend a meeting. I see ours are held in the Franklin rec center and I thought they were in the evenings...

Last edited by LeRoySmith; 05-24-2024 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:57 AM
Default None approval items

///////

Last edited by Princeton; 05-24-2024 at 02:32 PM. Reason: After reading it, I thought it was kind of cranky
Old 05-24-2024, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Hi,
I wanted to get my driveway painted with a design. I submitted the form description to the ARC and then attended the meeting. There was 1 rep. from each district, total was around 15-16 and 1 on the phone line. Kind of an impressive set-up.

On their agenda were 122 requests. These folks are busy. I waited my turn listening to roof colors, expanding driveways, and wanting to post signs to keep people out of their yard.
Well the sign didn't fly and there is a no sign rule except in your window.

The ARC is not there to make the rules, they are there to interpret them for you and see if what you want will fly. They also have a past record of things done to the exterior of a home. So they have history. Oddly enough, if a change was made that wasn't approved, then no modification can be made to that change. And they said there is no grandfather rule.

They even said the pledge of allegiance after roll call. It was highly recommended that if you had a request it would help if you were there to answer questions or you may get denied from lack of understanding. Attendance is key............AND attendees are sworn in to tell the truth.

After 1 hour they finally got to me and denied my request. The picture I wanted on the driveway was larger than they allow. They said that a figure/emblem/animal/etc. could not be greater than a 5x5. I was disappointed but I was still impressed with how they handled themselves. All 15 or 16 district people vote on every case.

So if you file a request with the ARC, it's smart to go to the meeting. What I don't know is if someone does something without a request, will it ever come back to bite them. Maybe some of you will know that. Please chime in..........
Very interesting, thank you.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:24 PM

When are times/days/locations of the meetings? Sounds very interesting.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
When are times/days/locations of the meetings? Sounds very interesting.
The District is now posting electronic agendas for public view. Applications are available for public review and copying at the Community Standards Office, 984 Old Mill Run, The Villages, Florida prior to the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) meeting. The applications and results will be added to the electronic agenda listed under Quick Links, Architectural Review Committee Agendas, subsequent to the final ARC decision.

The ARC meets every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., District Offices, 984 Old Mill Run, The Villages, Florida. Once the Architectural Review Applications have been reviewed by the ARC, the application results will be available online every Thursday after 12:00 p.m.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 05-24-2024, 06:38 PM
Gold member

They get all the Districts representatives to an 8am start time. That's impressive
Old 05-24-2024, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Honestly that's a really interesting question. IS there actually a political agenda attached to the "5X5" logo, insignia, picture rule ? Would a 5X5 American flag picture be allowed, and a "5x5" of the U.A.R. flag be rejected on "political" ground ? What about a 5X5 of a donkey ? Or and elephant, with no other word or addition ? I am not trying to escalate this at all, I'm truly interested if a plain cross, or a Star of David, if kept to the discrete 5X5 limit would be as permissible as a golf club image (which I have seen done) ?
Fill out an ARC and find out......

Tags
request, arc, meeting, driveway, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.