Arc meeting

Old 05-25-2024, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
They get all the Districts representatives to an 8am start time. That's impressive
Actually most are there before 8. ARC is a well oiled machine, when it comes to organizing and staying on track for both meetings once a week. I remember in 07 you could some weeks walk in your application on meeting day, and get results then and there.

Now if you drive past a home who you love that _________ you can look up the application and the contractor. As long as they applied to ARC.

You should drop in on one, experience is worth 30 of anyone’s time
Old 05-25-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
When are times/days/locations of the meetings? Sounds very interesting.
Here is how you can be notified of meeting and many other things.
VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up
Old 05-25-2024, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
You are probably correct about many not seeking ARC approvals for landscaping. I know most of my neighbors did not seek ARC approval for their landscaping work on their new homes (though most would have been approved, as the work they did is compliant with the current deeds/restrictions). I don’t understand why they didn’t seek approval - the process is so easy. All I know, is that if I was interested in purchasing a resale, and the seller could not produce ARC approval documentation of any work done, I would walk.
The house I bought was painted before it was sold. When I found out, I called Arc and nobody had submitted an application for approval. I made the seller (a property investment firm) go back and get approval before I would buy the place.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Actually most are there before 8. ARC is a well oiled machine, when it comes to organizing and staying on track for both meetings once a week. I remember in 07 you could some weeks walk in your application on meeting day, and get results then and there.

Now if you drive past a home who you love that _________ you can look up the application and the contractor. As long as they applied to ARC.

You should drop in on one, experience is worth 30 of anyone’s time
I am one to frequent public meetings....so I may just do that. Not a fan of zoom which many municipalities kept going after the pandemic. I get it, I guess, but in person is more educational and informative
IMO
Old 05-25-2024, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4$ALE View Post
Here is how you can be notified of meeting and many other things.
VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up
The meeting notifications have a link to the agenda for the upcoming meetings. For the ARC meetings, this agenda includes the addresses and applications that will be discussed. I have never attended a meeting but I review the agenda to see what work is happening in my neighborhood and I look at the applications to get ideas of how to fill one out for the work I would like to have done on my property. Very useful information.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-25-2024, 10:46 AM

My neighbor was out of compliance her landscaper put retaining wall (1’ tall ) on wrong side of sidewalk. The Arc told her it had to go within a certain amount of time( deadline) or $100 fine per day ! Needless to say it’s gone.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:06 PM
Default Where is the arc office?

Where is the arc office?
Old 05-25-2024, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
Where is the arc office?
Try looking on the District Web Site.
Village Community Development Districts Look under "COMMITTEES"
Old 05-25-2024, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
Where is the arc office?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4$ALE View Post
Try looking on the District Web Site.
Village Community Development Districts Look under "COMMITTEES"
Or……….
Read post #58
Old 05-25-2024, 06:36 PM

There is all sorts of information on there! (Many thanks to Bogie Shooter) I just signed up to get notifications about the things I care about. Isn’t this a wonderful neighborhood?
Old 05-26-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I disagree. Why waste the time? Anything reasonable will be rubber stamped essentially. I've done 4 ARC applications all approved.

The older I get, the more valuable my time is. I certainly wouldn't be wasting it at a venue like that. If an ARC application is not approved you can always put in a new application that is compliant.
I disagree with you. I needed to have a tree taken down. I was sick as a dog, but dragged myself to the meeting. It was approved and I was told if I were not there, it would have been denied.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
I disagree with you. I needed to have a tree taken down. I was sick as a dog, but dragged myself to the meeting. It was approved and I was told if I were not there, it would have been denied.
I'm curious, did they give any reason why it would not have been approved without you there? I would like to think it was because you answered an important question and not just an arbitrary decision.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Default That is correct

If they have a question and no one is there to answer it, any question, you can get denied as they are unsure. you will need to reapply to make them sure and not have a question....ALWAYS BEST TO BE THERE IN CASE A QUESTION ARISES.............or you can keep submitting and submitting and submitting and submitting until you submit a clearer request...........and submitting and submitting and submitting, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I'm curious, did they give any reason why it would not have been approved without you there? I would like to think it was because you answered an important question and not just an arbitrary decision.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
You can look up every application online. By address or just a street. You can view the actual plans, and the company who is doing the work.

In our old neighborhood we wanted to know who did our drive, looked up application to find companies.

In new neighborhood we really like the landscaping of a home, particularly 3 plants, that my iPhone app gave me multiple plants. I looked up the address, and their contractor listed the names of all shrubs and plants.

So yes ARC site put in street name, and if they did it correctly you will find the paperwork.
Please help me find the place to look up this information by street or address. I don't see it on the district web site.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Please help me find the place to look up this information by street or address. I don't see it on the district web site.
Question repeated

Tags
request, arc, meeting, driveway, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.