Asking for comments on areas south of 44 for to-be-new Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,227 Times in 5,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I haven't ever seen or visited a BJ's Wholesale. I have belonged to Costco at one time. I am happy with Sam's Club.

I think, as I always do, that I am suspicious of the motivation of anonymous posters who diss the new areas. I always suspect they may be MLS realtors that are frustrated because they are NOT allowed to sell new homes in The Villages and want to scare people off from new areas.

I think it is fun to be new in a place where a lot of people are new. You can begin the fun together. But I understand a lot of people who already live here are also moving to the new areas.

It will take a while for businesses to catch up, but they will come quickly, I bet. People are swarming to live here and I would choose a new area if I were moving here.
Went to a BJ's for the first time a few weeks ago. Loved their deli counter, wish Sams had one.

No idea when restaurants and stores will be opening in large numbers down south but when the population gets big enough they will be coming in droves.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:33 PM
Default "Our area is best"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Our area is best. That’s what you will hear.
We moved right next to Brownwood originally but after a couple years you will never go to squares. We didn’t believe it either but it happens. We moved to Marsh Bend and love it
Yes our lovely quiet area in the north end near CR42 is best.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Because no where else in The Villages does anyone have to make a left turn????
I make a lot of left turns onto 2-lane roads in my neighborhood where the speed limit is 25 mph.

On the other hand, I hate making left turns onto a 45 mph 4-lane road without a traffic light. I guess the residents in Chitty Chatty can handle it.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I make a lot of left turns onto 2-lane roads in my neighborhood where the speed limit is 25 mph.

On the other hand, I hate making left turns onto a 45 mph 4-lane road without a traffic light. I guess the residents in Chitty Chatty can handle it.

We do. Quite well. None of my neighbors has even brought this subject up.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:46 PM

Out of curiosity, why would you move 4 times within the villages?
Old 04-29-2021, 09:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
We do. Quite well. None of my neighbors has even brought this subject up.
I have never talked with a resident of Chitty Chatty but I know someone who lives in the Sandalwood condos right across the street. He said it is VERY difficult to turn left onto Morse Road in the morning when he is going to work.

I told him if someone is going to start a petition to request a stop light at that intersection, I would be happy to sign it.

Last edited by VApeople; 04-29-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Do you enjoy trying to turn left onto Morse Road (Route 468) to get to the new Magnolia Plaza?
It’s not a problem.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,202 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Our area is best. That’s what you will hear.
We moved right next to Brownwood originally but after a couple years you will never go to squares. We didn’t believe it either but it happens. We moved to Marsh Bend and love it
Between being seasonal residents for six years and full time residents for five years, we still do go to the town squares to listen to live music. We have our favorites and usually go when they are playing. We love being so close to all three town squares, living in Mallory Square. LSL is the closest town square to us and we are about 6 minutes away in our golf cart.

Just last night we drove through LSL when The Hooligans were playing. The place was jammed so there are plenty of people who enjoy live music at the squares and socializing too. Then we went to Spanish Springs to listen to Johnny Wild and the Delights (personally my absolute favorite band) and the place was also jammed. We enjoy that sort of stuff but as I said, there are folks who don't. People have to decide what is important to them.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Too remote for me at this time. I prefer the Sumter Landing area. Close to everything important to me, especially golf.
Agree. Hubby and I much prefer to be close to the 441/27 corridor of stores and restaurants. Many people do say that having this convenience is not important to them. For anyone looking to move to The Villages, they must decide for themselves if they prefer to be closer to those stores and restaurants. It is a bit of a "hike" from areas south.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Take a ride on Buena Vista from 466 to Brownwood. Enjoy the vistas and the open spaces. That is a benchmark for comparison.
THAT drive at night is what sold us on purchasing in The Villages. The drive during the day is breathtaking but that drive at night was so peaceful and serene I was immediately in love with The Villages. Good thing we had our check book with us. LOL.

Hubby and I have driven around the areas south of 44 and I see less green space and rolling golf courses off of main roads so I'm not quite sure where the green space is that people talk about. Are those green spaces in the residential areas where the homes are? Seems to me the front lawns are even smaller south of 44. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong areas. I just don't know.

I do love the walking path behind the Fenney Grill with the board walk so we sometimes take the drive in our car and hop on the path for a nice walk. That is a wonderful plus in the southern area. Lots of wildlife to take in. I see the same wild life in the northern area too and I can enjoy them when in the golf cart more so than in the car.

I prefer the golf cart paths to be separate from the main roads on Morse Blvd and Buena Vista Blvd. When we drove south of 44 (and also north of 466 is the same way on Morse Blvd.), the golf cart path is in the main street on Morse Blvd or what other name it has south of 44. I do understand that this infrastructure south of 44 affords the walking paths that do not allow golf carts. I much prefer the golf cart path on those busy main roads to be completely separate and away from the road with vehicular traffic which is the way that infrastructure was built south of 466 and north of 44..

Again, as most people have been saying.......anyone trying to weigh the pros and cons of what ever area they are looking to move to, needs to decide what is important to them.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
Sawgrass Grove is a game-changer.
I don't know much about Sawgrass Grove but I'm surely hoping there will be a band stand like the other three squares where there will be live music. Folks south of 44 need to have that type of entertainment because the squares north of 44 can already get very crowded when the really popular bands play them.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Do you enjoy trying to turn left onto Morse Road (Route 468) to get to the new Magnolia Plaza?
From what I keep reading on this thread, it sounds like a traffic light may be the answer.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
No different than coming out of Colony Blvd. and turning left on Morse. There are several intersections similar to that in TV, most of them North of 44 so why pick on Chitty Chatty?
Morse at Colony is divided with an area for cars to sit and wait for clearance of opposing traffic. Is 468 a divided highway by Magnolia Plaza? I know I have been there but can't remember the configuration of the road.

Last edited by coffeebean; 04-30-2021 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I turn left onto Morse from Colony all the time year round. Never a big deal.
I do too and that is because it is divided with area to sit and wait for the opposing traffic to clear. No big deal.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I do too and that is because it is divided with area to sit and wait for the opposing traffic to clear. No big deal.
I'm glad to hear that you guys don't mind sitting in the median with the traffic whizzing by you in front and in back.

We drive down to the Southern Area several times a week to enjoy your amenities and I always feel bad for the Chitty Chatty and Sandalwood and Continental people sitting in the median. I'm pleased to hear it is not a problem for you.
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, south, putted, comments, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.