Background music in TV

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Default Background music in TV

The sports centers and many shops and restaurants play music from the 1950's.

Presumably, the thinking is that if the average age in TV is late 60's then many people were teenagers in the 1950's and they enjoy reliving their youth

Two questions:

1) for those of you who moved to TV in the 1990's, was the background music then from the 1940's?

2) do you think that, in ten years' time, they will be playing music from the 1960's?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

I believe the background music is the Village's radio station WVLG, sometimes you can hear the station ID. Personally I can listen to most any kind of music from any era, even todays hard rock or 50's doo whop except I can't take rap or hip hop.

From what I've heard on WVLG lately has been 60's - 70's, bands like Fleetwood Mac come to mind. I only wish they would install the speakers at the community pools because the quietness seems odd.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe the background music is the Village's radio station WVLG, sometimes you can hear the station ID. Personally I can listen to most any kind of music from any era, even todays hard rock or 50's doo whop except I can't take rap or hip hop.

From what I've heard on WVLG lately has been 60's - 70's, bands like Fleetwood Mac come to mind. I only wish they would install the speakers at the community pools because the quietness seems odd.
Rap is missing a C
Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

When I rented in TV for the first time last month, I posted about how much of the daytime and early evening music on WVLG is from the 1970's and even early 1980's. I would say that the playlist on WVLG is very similar to that of most "oldies" stations that I have listed to.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 PM

maybe I have just noticed the 50's music more as it is not from my era - will have to pay more attention :-)
Old 08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Platinum member
Default Love Variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
maybe I have just noticed the 50's music more as it is not from my era - will have to pay more attention :-)
I just hope they continue to play from all era's. The 50's is from mine and I still love it.....right along with classic country (don't really care for the "new" country, but I know there are those who do and that's great.) Not too fond of "elevator music", though.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren L Miller View Post
Rap is missing a C

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.