Best place to park long-term at MCO

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2022, 06:28 AM

The best deal is to stay in one of the airport hotels the night before your flight. Most all of them let you park in their lot for one week at no cost, some for 2 weeks.

The savings on the parking fees will pay for the cost of the hotel. You ride the hotel's shuttle to/from the airport. The added benefit is that you never have to rush to get to the airport or worry about traffic.

As to the daily fee lots, check out the reviews on Google. There are frightening reports of people who have made reservations at several lots and have pre-paid the fee, who are turned away at the gate because the lot is full. This seems to happen at the major holidays
Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Any recommendations on the best long-term parking lot at the Orlando Airport? Any to avoid?
Very happy with the Parking Spot. Fantastic shuttle from car to airport
Old 08-10-2022, 06:52 AM

FastPark…$9/day COVERED. Think hail.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:57 AM
Default Wally

Quote:
Any recommendations on the best long-term parking lot at the Orlando Airport? Any to avoid?
Wally park. Very close to terminals. Polite drivers.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:28 AM

Wally Park. Not the cheapest, but always very efficient.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
We go to a broker site, airportparkingreservations.com, and then choose Omni or Gold Park; they are both well run, and are usually among the less expensive; both are on Narcoossee Road, a few miles east of the airport exit off of highway 589 east. Both have nice operations, frequent shuttles. (We had a nightmare once at the Orlando airport where we parked and then waited a long time for a shuttle to the terminal; almost missed our flight. That might be infrequent, but we decided never again).

If you book a parking service in advance at that website, their rates are lower than at the individual parking companies' own websites; and once you start using that broker website and create an account, it will often send you promo codes by email, so that your cost is reduced even more. We like parking at an offsite lot rather than at an airport, because, we feel, there is more security for the cars; besides the cost savings, which is not huge but is a nice perk. We have used various offsite parking lots over the years and never had a bad experience.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:59 AM
Default Parking at MCO

Quote:
I have used Fast Park and Relax for years. It is within minutes of the airport and is in a fenced yard with covers over the cars. As quickly as I park, a shuttle is there to pick me up for transfer. The same with returning home, I have never waited more than a minute or two for a shuttle back to my car.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

I always use Omni, on Narcoose Rd. Very inexpensive ..... have shuttle service to and from MCO.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgolfer View Post
The best deal is to stay in one of the airport hotels the night before your flight. Most all of them let you park in their lot for one week at no cost, some for 2 weeks.

The savings on the parking fees will pay for the cost of the hotel. You ride the hotel's shuttle to/from the airport. The added benefit is that you never have to rush to get to the airport or worry about traffic.

As to the daily fee lots, check out the reviews on Google. There are frightening reports of people who have made reservations at several lots and have pre-paid the fee, who are turned away at the gate because the lot is full. This seems to happen at the major holidays
Agree 100%. That is how we parked at MCO for last 3 or 4 times.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
We have also used fast park and relax. Under cover. Great security and fast trip to airport and fast back to car.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:48 AM

Park, bark and fly outside mco. Veteran owned and they give veterans a discount
Old 08-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,112 Times in 305 Posts

Looks like FastPark is the winner, but you're right -- we could stay at the Marriot for the $10/day the reservation cost. I'm tempted, particularly since our flight is at 6am, but I can't get my mind around leaving my car in a hotel parking lot for two weeks.

I just can't believe the cost is so high. The cheap on-airport parking at Houston International was only $5 last time we flew, 2 years ago. Off-airport was even cheaper.

More of that "8%" inflation, I guess. Oh wait. Double in two years... let me check the math... gee, that comes out to 50% inflation. Wow! Think they'll give us a 50% bump on our Social Security next year?

Doubt it.

Anyway, thanks for all the help.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
We go to a broker site, airportparkingreservations.com, and then choose Omni or Gold Park; they are both well run, and are usually among the less expensive; both are on Narcoossee Road, a few miles east of the airport exit off of highway 589 east. Both have nice operations, frequent shuttles. (We had a nightmare once at the Orlando airport where we parked and then waited a long time for a shuttle to the terminal; almost missed our flight. That might be infrequent, but we decided never again).

If you book a parking service in advance at that website, their rates are lower than at the individual parking companies' own websites; and once you start using that broker website and create an account, it will often send you promo codes by email, so that your cost is reduced even more. We like parking at an offsite lot rather than at an airport, because, we feel, there is more security for the cars; besides the cost savings, which is not huge but is a nice perk. We have used various offsite parking lots over the years and never had a bad experience.
Used Gold Park a few times. They are very inexpensive but last time we used them (a few years ago) waited an hour for shuttle at airport. Never again.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:28 AM

Quote:
We like to park, sleep and fly from the Chicagoland area. Depending on how long you're gone - this could be an option for you.

The hotels we choose will always shuttle us to and from the airport. The cost of spending a night at the hotel is offset with the hotel's "free" parking. There are additional costs for extra days parked (beyond the free "length" of stay included with hotel cost - usually 14 days are included).

We always go the night before flying out because it's WAY LESS STRESSFUL! Just have fun - no matter what.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:25 AM
Default MCO parking

We like staying at the hamton inn by the airport , having a nice dinner, and then taking their shuttle over in the morning, the last time we stayed there it was 10 dollars a night…then a shuttle back over when we get back and off we go home. Never had an issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
long-term, place, park, mco, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.