Is it better to buy from a Villages agent or an independant broker?

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Founder
Default Re: Is it better to buy from a Villages agent or an independant broker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman
WHAT VILLAGE ARE U LIVING IN??
DISKMAN
We live in the Village of Chatham.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Realtors are like any other professionals... Some are good and tell you everything you should and need to know and others are not so diligent.

To see all the homes of which there are 560+ preowned on the market, one must work with The Villages, Real Estate Brokerages, FSBO's and Discounters.

ALSO..remember that The Villages is focused on SELLING NEW homes....

BEST.. get a referral from a friend or interview a couple of folks BUT it very important that the realtor has focus on the area you are interested in......................
Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran member

If you want to see ALL the pre-owned homes, use a realtor. Don't ever forget that the Villages "realtors" are first and always EMPLOYEES OF THE VILLAGES. Don't care what anyone says, you will be gracefully pushed towards new homes since that is the best deal for the developer. Right now, the designer homes are apparently being offered with discounts, etc. if they are NEW. That does not necessarily mean you are going to get the BEST price. When we went to our sales representative, while she was excellent, she made a point of telling us that (at that time) there was a separate sales staff for the pre-owned homes.

Thus, my recommendation is to use both when you are looking. At least that way you will know the actual cost. I never felt totally comfortable with the information we weren't told by Villages representatives but for that, shame on me for not reading the large book of information they gave us. I thought they would verbalize everything, but they didn't.

All the above aside, this is a wonderful place to live and I wouldn't live anywhere else!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Curry, Could you explain the problem that you had with a Realtor?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM

TO CURRY, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? I AM A USED CAR SALESMAN AND A VERY GOOD ONE AT THAT. I HOPE YOU DO NOT CLASSIFY PEOPLE BY PUTTING THEM IN A CATAGORY OF YOUR CHOICE. I FEEL A BIT INSULTED AT THAT REMARK.. THE KAR GUY

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.