BEWARE !!!!!!!! Credit Card Compromised

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 PM

If you get your card thru a bank they all will help you with limits on the cards for purchases and atm. if you want to make a larger purchase you simple call the card number on back or bank and tell them what you want to do for that purchase. They will ask for a password etc to make sure it is you. Then they allow the purchase.
As for gas stations it is safer to use the card at the pump then it is inside.
Just my thoughts
Old 09-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountaineer View Post
That would have prevented the NYC McDonald's cashier from turning my card number and 3-digit code on the back over to her partners in crime. I never thought of that. But then I need to make sure that I remember it. At 81, that isn't an easy thing to do!
Tatoo?
Old 09-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
We just found out today two of our credit cards were compromised at the Circle K/ Shell Gas station on 466 & 3431 Southern Trace Dr. I call the manger of the station but he hasn't returned my call. I just wanted to pass this information out so you all can be aware of what is happening at this gas station.
My neighbor's credit card information was stolen at the Shell Station convenience store on highway 27/441 in Lady lake. within a short time his credit card company called his and asked if he had purchased $250 worth of items at that same service station/convenience store. Of course he had not.... You would think that camera records would show who actually made the purchases.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,940 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O's View Post
We only use our AMEX card. We have the alerts turned on, so when any purchase (over $10 as this is the lowest amount available) is made we automatically get a text message on the cell phone. It usually goes off within seconds of the card is swiped thru the machine. That way we know of a purchase immediately. Works pretty good for us.
Do the same thing with our Visa and Amex.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Tatoo?
LOL That's funny!!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
For many years we have removed the 3 digit code on any new or replacement cards, credit and debit, once we have noted it in a secure place. No merchant should ever need the code if you are there in person with identification and card in hand. Another step is to put SEE I. D. where you would normally sign the card. Removing the code could prevent at least some of the on line uses if the number is compromised.

When to Share Your Credit Card’s Security Code - US News

SEE I.D. Has no purpose unless someone steals your actual card then try's to use it immediately, before you report it being stollen. Our credit card information was transmitted, reproduced on a new card, and used in Tennessee in multiple stores within a few hours. Our credit card was still in our wallet.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I had my credit card compromised at the Circle K in Southern Trace on Aug.3. They sent me a new card with a chip in it.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:44 AM

Funny that the Circle K station was mentioned regarding credit card fraud. We are presently up north now but last month, the fraud division of one of our credit card companies called. At first, we thought it to be someone trying to give us a credit card but after questioning, she advised me that someone had tried to purchase $425.00 worth of liquor at a Fort Lauderdale outlet. The fraud division called as it did not appear to be something that we would use our credit card for purchase. We use it for gasoline and lodging only. She cancelled our card and sent us a new one. After the call, I was wondering if it was a restaurant as we did have some unusually high 'eating out bills' (children, grandchildren) a couple of times. Checking back, all of our purchases were at either Circle K gas stations on 466 from January through May. That said, it is quite curious.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,940 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
Funny that the Circle K station was mentioned regarding credit card fraud. We are presently up north now but last month, the fraud division of one of our credit card companies called. At first, we thought it to be someone trying to give us a credit card but after questioning, she advised me that someone had tried to purchase $425.00 worth of liquor at a Fort Lauderdale outlet. The fraud division called as it did not appear to be something that we would use our credit card for purchase. We use it for gasoline and lodging only. She cancelled our card and sent us a new one. After the call, I was wondering if it was a restaurant as we did have some unusually high 'eating out bills' (children, grandchildren) a couple of times. Checking back, all of our purchases were at either Circle K gas stations on 466 from January through May. That said, it is quite curious.
I'm curious to know... did you pay at the pump or pay inside?
Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 AM

I just spoke to the manager of the gas station yesterday, she insured me that they go out every 3 days to check their pumps for any scanning devices, she also told me they just checked their pumps on Monday and I told here that I was hacked on Friday, I told her she should go out ever day. This seams to be a great gas station for these type of crimes, they get hit on a regular basis. Its just a big hassle for me to go through and change my numbers with all my company's I do business with.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.