BEWARE Shipping & Packing PRICE-UPS STORE

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Default BEWARE Shipping & Packing PRICE-UPS STORE

BEWARE: I went to the UPS Store on Bella Cruz (441) to ship a large painting that I sold on Ebay. They quoted me $133.00 to pack and ship and I knew this was way too much since I have done this before in another State. I went to Pack and Ship on CR101 and shipped it the same way for $78.00. The staff there was extremely nice. I will always use Pack and Ship now.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnest2522 View Post
BEWARE: I went to the UPS Store on Bella Cruz (441) to ship a large painting that I sold on Ebay. They quoted me $133.00 to pack and ship and I knew this was way too much since I have done this before in another State. I went to Pack and Ship on CR101 and shipped it the same way for $78.00. The staff there was extremely nice. I will always use Pack and Ship now.
I am not surprised. I brought something in to ship (value around $75 and not oversized either) and they wanted almost $100. I am not sure if this is a regional thing as I have shipped similar materials at the local UPS store here in Michigan for about 1/2 of what the store on Bella Cruz was charging.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

If you do your own packing, the cost to ship at Pack & Ship will be higher(sometimes a lot more) than taking it to the post office.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold member
Cool They will rip you

Quote:
I once sent a $5 stuffed animal to a great granddaughter. This same UPS store charged me $14 to send it to Illinois. Outragous huh ???
I later discovered this is not really a UPS store operated by UPS. Rather it is little more than a privately owned store that has UPS shipping priviledges. Aparently this store is free to set their own shipping charges.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you do your own packing, the cost to ship at Pack & Ship will be higher(sometimes a lot more) than taking it to the post office.
As a letter carrier, I have many postal patrons that use Priority Mail "Click & Ship". I use it myself. Very convenient. I print labels right at home, boxes are free, and we'll pick up the packages at your house at no charge with the "carrier pickup" program. It's very easy to set up your account t online. Ask your carrier about it or stop at the PO.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Platinum member

If you can wrap and pack yourself, the Staples on 441 is a pick-up point for UPS. I don't know if their rates are high or not. I had to send back a printer in a prepaid box and just dropped it off there.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
So if you shipped it the same way...then you did ship it UPS?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Somewhere on TOTV is a thread about the richest people in The Villages and it was Pack & Ship......I think they are very expensive compared to UPS..only stores! JMHO

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
Somewhere on TOTV is a thread about the richest people in The Villages and it was Pack & Ship......I think they are very expensive compared to UPS..only stores! JMHO
You are right. I use the post office.

Some call me frugal but most call me tight.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Default Thanks for advice

Quote:
Thanks as I have notiuced that too. Thanks for advice
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.