Building at TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Gold member
Default thanks for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Make sure you know exactly where any utilities will be placed if any. Know the placement of the home on the lot. Place careful consideration on things that wont be able to be changed. Once they start building and you find out your neighbor is 10 feet away or THERES A TRANSFORMER BOX 8 FEET FROM YOUR BACK DOOR, your s.o.l.
great information, thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Default advise from Iris owners please

Hi, we are coming for our design meeting in a few weeks. We have a lot on the golf course in the village of Fernandina (Abana Path). We know we want the Iris. Been studying everything on this site and keeping notes - very helpful, we also visited some of the models on our previous trip. Would love any advise or suggestions from Iris owners.
thanks.
Sara
Sterling, Va
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM

An Iris option just started in March is a two foot stretch on the bedroom side of the house. It makes those bedrooms huge, of course it will only work if you have here width on the lot.

If you don't see an exterior color you like drive around write down the addresses, they can pull up new colors that way. And look at the houses in different light (morning, midday, evening) that house that looks on color at mid day may be totally different other times.

You can ask to have the house positioned other than center on the lot, we had ours pushed to the left build line so we could add a atio outside the lanai on the right. We were fortunate that our rep told us we could ask for the movement.

Good luck and as everyone else has said take your time, some folks spend a week with the designer; you are going to live here a long time so you want it to be right and never feel rushed to make a decision.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I am considering a small pool when I build and am hesitant due to what I believe may be an outlay of monies for maintenance. Does anyone have experience with this? I am a bit worried about my electric bill and the cost to maintain the pool. Maybe I should just get a water feature and be done with it!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Default design meeting

Well, we're finally getting close to our design meeting. I think we've decided on a Begonia with a two foot side stretch and 4 foot lanai stretch. The only thing we'll miss from the Iris is the "desk area" in the laundry room. I would love to have that but for some reason I really feel the Begonia is more our style. Can't wait for the building to begin!!

Cynthia, class of 1967
Muscatine, Iowa City and Newton, IA; Belmont, Sunnyvale & San Bernardino, CA; Biloxi, MS; Cleveland TN & The Villages
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Make sure you know exactly where any utilities will be placed if any. Know the placement of the home on the lot. Place careful consideration on things that wont be able to be changed. Once they start building and you find out your neighbor is 10 feet away or THERES A TRANSFORMER BOX 8 FEET FROM YOUR BACK DOOR, your s.o.l.
Agree penguin. Also make sure there is a proper swale and proper drainage of your lot before closing.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Platinum member

we sure don't like our refrigerator that came with the plan. The ice maker is horrible and the fridge seems very small for the size that it is.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Agree penguin. Also make sure there is a proper swale and proper drainage of your lot before closing.
Oh My, so much to learn. I'm getting scared.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,533 Times in 1,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
How does it look now? Pictures please.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snead's Hat View Post
Oh My, so much to learn. I'm getting scared.
Slammin Sammy Snead.

Last edited by Ripcord13; 08-20-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM

Hi Gracie,
U seem to know a lot about things so let me ask this question: do u know if the villages are coming out with any new models soon?
Thanks,
Karin
Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Before we closed we were hanging out at the property, all of sudden a downpour hit.

The house was locked but the lanai was open so we ran in there, less than 15 minutes it stopped the right side of our property was flooded.

The water here was about 10" deep and about 100 feet in the length of the swale.
The Villages Florida

The day we closed 1/2 I called warrentee, because I had the pics it was approved for a 145' French drain.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.