Buying a lot in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2023, 08:52 AM

My dad always told to to get a lot while I was young. I just didn’t realize he was talking about real estate.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
I hope you don't play golf. The developer is not building golf courses south of 44 like they did north of 44. Currently the developer is short 10 executive courses in the developed area. This cannot be fixed as there are houses everywhere. The championships are short 12 nines in this same area. So if you are a golfer you should buy north of 44.
We have enough golf here anyway...........and we actually need more variety for stores..........not many play golf everyday or enough to have more
Old 06-25-2023, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,808 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
No, that is true. But even with those, there is a shortage of golf courses south of 44 based on the number of houses.
Really?

Show your math...
Old 06-25-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I hope you don't play golf. The developer is not building golf courses south of 44 like they did north of 44. Currently the developer is short 10 executive courses in the developed area. This cannot be fixed as there are houses everywhere. The championships are short 12 nines in this same area. So if you are a golfer you should buy north of 44.
I’m not sure this is accurate. The developer did get behind when they were trying to satisfy the demand for homes. I expect they will get back to their formula for the number of holes of golf per home.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick&Deb View Post
Good Morning, you can only use one realtor but can change if you aren’t satisfied with the one you were assigned. We bought a lot in Lake Denham in May with no issues. It’s much easier now than in the past when we were looking. We are doing a new build with no issues, went pretty smooth. Wait time was 5 months for us.
The sales reps are not REALTORS. People use the term like it is a generic term. But they are called sales representatives. I agree a Buyer can only have one sales rep that you’re working with at a time.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,107 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
The sales reps are not REALTORS. People use the term like it is a generic term. But they are called sales representatives. I agree a Buyer can only have one sales rep that you’re working with at a time.
Realtor® is Trademarked, "made up word". If you pay your dues to the National Association of Realtors, you get to use it.

Escalator, trampoline, & aspirin were once Trademarked and soon "Realtor" will go the same route and become a generic word.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Really?

Show your math...
In 2019 Lowlands was the last executive course opened. The next executive course will not open till 2024 at the earliest. In that 5 year time period approximately 20,000 homes will have been built.

If you draw an East to West line from Palmetto/Sweetgum to Volusia/Escambia, there is a huge void of executive courses (going south) till you get to those south of the Turnpike. That void will forever be present for those south of 44.
Old 06-26-2023, 03:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,306 Times in 564 Posts

a parcel in the Wet Prairie … due diligence
Old 06-26-2023, 08:19 AM

It is as many things are - it depends on your luck at the time. My agent said he caught the traffic lights perfectly to make it to his computer and we got our first choice the first time. There were eight others behind us. IMHO, pick an agent who takes it seriously. It can be the most luck you will have. Our designer was terrible and delayed our build which caused us to get the horrible first run of the new cabinets and all the millwork we had selected got substituted for pieced together and nicked crap. When you build, you will not have any real control in the finished home. And yes, after closing warranty will send subs and product manufacturers to your home for countless hours on your time and it still might not be as good as you expected. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2023, 09:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We tried for 14 lots in Richmond, we were finally first on lot #9 that we built on, not the size or where we wanted, but put down our $10,000. 4 lots came up after that we hoped for, and didn’t get.

If we would have been #1@8:01a, we would have forfeited our first $10,000 for a different lot. Developers house, their rules.

One can only have one VLS agent, however if there is a husband and wife, you kind of have 2
What is cost of golf front lot on golf course for a CYV? Are any of the elevated? How does this compare to other lots?
Old 06-26-2023, 10:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,685 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Plenty of golf coming very soon. Anyone looking to purchase a lot in the south will have lots to do once they are settled in. In fact, we have never had trouble getting a tee time. We moved down here three years ago from the northern end and have never regretted it for one second. The coming entertainment area is going to be amazing. Get in now before the property values skyrocket even more than they already have.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:17 AM
Gold member
Default Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
I've been getting conflicting stories on the process of buying a lot as soon as they get released from the Villages. The VLS realtor I've been working with says I can only use one agent to try to get the lot I want the day it comes available. I have others the tell me I should use multiple agents all trying to reserve my lot(s) at the minute they are released to increase my odds of getting that I want. Does anyone know the correct and best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Is there a price list for the different types and locations for lots? Golf Course, water etc?
Old 06-26-2023, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,455 Times in 2,547 Posts

Buying a lot in the Villages.

I seem to buy a lot more on Amazon these days.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
What is cost of golf front lot on golf course for a CYV? Are any of the elevated? How does this compare to other lots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Is there a price list for the different types and locations for lots? Golf Course, water etc?
You can’t buy a lot for CYV. They are spec homes only. So what you see is what you get.

Lots that you chose to build a designer hits the market @ 0800 on the day they are released. Your agent will know 24 hours in advance as what lots are available. Only they can tell you what the cost will be

Tags
lot, buying, released, villages, minute

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.