Cart broke down nobody stopped

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
Buckeye Bleau Buckeye Bleau is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 53
Thanked 59 Times in 29 Posts
Default Cart broke down nobody stopped

Tonight our gas cart lost power at the corner of Tarrson and Aloha.
We sat there with no power no lights no anything at 10 PM.
The Villages Security/Courtesy Patrol drive past us once. At least three or four cars did the same and numerous golf carts. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Nobody asked if we were ok, nobody stopped to offer assistance. Then after some time the Courtesy truck came by and he did stop. He was polite but said he can offer no help or assistance. We felt all of this was just wrong.
Fortunately I had the number for Henry Leon, The Golf Cart Guy (352-805-0450), he called Andy, The Tire Guy and they towed us home. Henry does great at your home cart service.
As for those that drove around us or the Villages Security, you might want to help people.
  #2  
Old 03-12-2020, 10:00 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,661
Thanks: 3,481
Thanked 4,680 Times in 1,441 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
Tonight our gas cart lost power at the corner of Tarrson and Aloha.
We sat there with no power no lights no anything at 10 PM.
The Villages Security/Courtesy Patrol drive past us once. At least three or four cars did the same and numerous golf carts. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Nobody asked if we were ok, nobody stopped to offer assistance. Then after some time the Courtesy truck came by and he did stop. He was polite but said he can offer no help or assistance. We felt all of this was just wrong.
Fortunately I had the number for Henry Leon, The Golf Cart Guy (352-805-0450), he called Andy, The Tire Guy and they towed us home. Henry does great at your home cart service.
As for those that drove around us or the Villages Security, you might want to help people.
I'm so sorry you experienced a breakdown of your cart on the road. A question though - what would you have wanted anyone else to do, other than offer to call for a tow truck?

Was your golf cart blocking traffic, or were you able to get it pulled over to the side of the road? Did you try to wave down any of the people who passed by, or call out for them to help?

The problem is, passersby have no way of knowing why you are pulled over. Only that you are, and it's 10 at night, so it's probably too dark to tell if you're in need of help or just that random drunk who's itching for a fight.

In that area if I had been driving by I probably would've stopped to make sure you were okay but other than tell you I'm sorry you're stuck here, and let you borrow my cell phone if you didn't have one with you, there wouldn't be anything else I could've done.
  #3  
Old 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,766
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,161 Posts
Default

This is what Kart Aid is for. Gas or electric......I would not be without this service.......ever!

Kartaide home page
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #4  
Old 03-13-2020, 04:30 AM
JimJohnson JimJohnson is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: The Villages
Posts: 725
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,011 Times in 271 Posts
Default

I carry a long nylon tow rope in my cart and have twice towed villagers home. Once from the 8th hole on Truman to the 9th hole then to his house in Tamarind grove. Another time from Buena Vista to home. I was so happy to be able to help. So, don’t label all villagers.
  #5  
Old 03-13-2020, 05:17 AM
Fredster Fredster is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 218
Thanked 158 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This is what Kart Aid is for. Gas or electric......I would not be without this service.......ever!

Kartaide home page
Kartaide is the greatest!
And actually I had a totally different experience than the OP, when my cart broke down recently,
a number of people stopped to offer help, I thanked them, and told them Kartaid was on the way!
__________________
“In the valley of the blind,
the one eyed is not king, but spectator!”
  #6  
Old 03-13-2020, 06:10 AM
Graspher's Avatar
Graspher Graspher is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Doesn't matter - it's gated you can't get in.
Posts: 213
Thanks: 32
Thanked 93 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Did u remain seated in the cart or were u standing near the cart in a safe place waving down passerby’s?

Do u carry a flashlight in ur cart that could be used to attract attention?
__________________
Ribbit
  #7  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:10 AM
rjn5656's Avatar
rjn5656 rjn5656 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,228
Thanks: 143
Thanked 396 Times in 115 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default

I am suprised. I have towed many people home with my tow rope. Others I have given a lift while they left their cart to be towed.
__________________
Bob anc Cheri
Upstate NY/Bonita
  #8  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:14 AM
karostay's Avatar
karostay karostay is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Conn/Maine /
Posts: 2,698
Thanks: 106
Thanked 1,261 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Kartaide is the greatest!
And actually I had a totally different experience than the OP, when my cart broke down recently,
a number of people stopped to offer help, I thanked them, and told them Kartaid was on the way!
Cheapest if you breakdown protection going
__________________
Don't take life Too Serious ..It isn't permanent
  #9  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:27 AM
stan the man stan the man is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 831
Thanks: 988
Thanked 267 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Aaa
  #10  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 AM
skip0358's Avatar
skip0358 skip0358 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,286
Thanks: 80
Thanked 316 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Lived here going on 11 years have had KartAide the whole time on both Carts only needed them once but they were right there when we called. Best number to have in your phone. I wouldn't stop for someone just sitting on the side of the road either if they weren't at least trying to flag someone down.Used to but not anymore told off a few times.
__________________
Patchogue, NY; Village of Bonita Sept.09
  #11  
Old 03-13-2020, 06:17 PM
Trayderjoe's Avatar
Trayderjoe Trayderjoe is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Villages Lake Sumter-Finally!
Posts: 690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Another shout out for KartAide. I have had their service for 7 years and last week had to call for the first time. Had a flat tire when I got to Hawkes Bay, so keeping my priorities straight, played my round of golf (I walked the course) then called KartAide. They were a little backed up, but the dispatcher told me it would be about an hour (it was less time) before they could come. The tire was no good, so they put a loaner spare on so I could get home, and told me to return it within a day or two. I had a new tire on the cart that afternoon so they could get their spare back. Very friendly service and worth the cost.
__________________
"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."
-
Theodore Rubin
  #12  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 PM
Jima64 Jima64 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,545
Thanks: 161
Thanked 206 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I carry a long nylon tow rope in my cart and have twice towed villagers home. Once from the 8th hole on Truman to the 9th hole then to his house in Tamarind grove. Another time from Buena Vista to home. I was so happy to be able to help. So, don’t label all villagers.
Do not believe they were labelling all villagers anything. You are very kind to offer your help to others as I would have also.
  #13  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:34 PM
thomp679 thomp679 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 164
Thanks: 131
Thanked 192 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Do not believe they were labelling all villagers anything. You are very kind to offer your help to others as I would have also.
It's nice to know that there are a few villagers that are willing to help others. Not sure about the others.
  #14  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:54 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,661
Thanks: 3,481
Thanked 4,680 Times in 1,441 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
It's nice to know that there are a few villagers that are willing to help others. Not sure about the others.
For me it's not a matter of being willing. I'm usually willing to help others. But what exactly would you expect me to DO in a case like this? I can't change a tire, I don't know diddly squat about fixing golf carts, I don't own a tow truck or a flatbed or a tow rope, or a spare golf cart battery, or a portable spare gasoline container.

All I have is a phone - and apparently so did the people who needed help.
  #15  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:27 PM
BobnBev's Avatar
BobnBev BobnBev is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 1,973
Thanks: 1
Thanked 158 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Broke down today, had to be towed. Called the 24 hour cart club. I couldn't be more satisfied with their service. I highly recommend them.
__________________
Patriot Guard Riders--"Standing for Those Who Have Stood for US"!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, stopped, home, golf, guy

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.