Check out insert in The Sun

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Default Re: Check out insert in The Sun

Without the diligent work of the POA and the resident boards and the class action lawsuit, this "humble" tone of the article and its information would never have been published. The developer cannot tolerate negative publicity, he still has so much village to build, and millions to make.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykathleen
Without the diligent work of the POA and the resident boards and the class action lawsuit, this "humble" tone of the article and its information would never have been published. The developer cannot tolerate negative publicity, he still has so much village to build, and millions to make.
Why is it someone always takes informative and positive information and puts a negative spin on it. :dontknow: Relax, enjoy and smile alot. We have too few happy years left.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
We live in TV Paradise, and I am in Group 1. ;D However I think we still need to be diligent about the financial aspects of life in TV. Chuckster, I think you missed Ladykathleen's point. I don't think she is putting a negative spin on anything .. she is just reminding us that we should be thankful for the efforts of the VHA and POA who seem to be making the Developer just a little more accountable. Rebuilding the Paradise Center seeming to be a relevant example.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was in agreement until reading the last sentence and its insinuations. It could have been phrased better if the POA and its members are earnestly trying to reach agreement with all parties.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

I am occasionally (in my darker moments) resentful of people who make lots of money (a little like ladykathleen sounds).* But then I declare it "jealousy" and realize that I was not willing to make the effort, and apply the diligence and perseverence to do all the things those who "make their millions" need to do.* I will not lump all those who "make their millions" in the same negative category some people tend to do.* There are people among those who "make their millions" who have applied a formula in a sincere, honest, innovative, and productive manner that addresses the need and ignites the spirit of thousands of folks.* This is what it appears to me "the family" has done.

So, should we slam someone via innuendo when they effectively address a stated need or unanticipated problem? Of course, people have the right, but we have the right to express all sorts of ill-conceived and mean spirited rantings. Does "the right" make it "right"? Absolutely not.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Sage

Generally, NO

However, specific issues may require negative comments
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
Generally, NO

However, specific issues may require negative comments
??? "Specific issues"???? If we list them, they can be discussed in a reasonable manner by reasonable people. Not me, but by reasonable people.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b
I will try to find time to scan the entire article but will probably be next week. I have a party tomorrow, Kazoo on Sunday, Katie belles on Monday, Golf on Tuesday, cards on Weds, Christmas party on Thursday. LOL never a dull moment in TV. Kidding aside I will try to scan it tomorrow.
Hop2b...did you get a chance to scan the entire article...I have seen summaries, but woul like to read the entire article...Thank you for your effort!

JohnM
Old 12-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Platinum member

JohnM, My sister sent me the insert this week. We just got it yesterday, and while I have a flatbed legal scanner, it's almost impossible to scan because of the paper size. The insert is only four pages in length but this paper size is about 12" by 30" and the text columns are all over the page. Since I have to work tomorrow, I thought I'd take it with me and see if I couldn't reduce it on a photocopier and then scan it to PDF. I'll give it my best shot. The article is sincere and well written. We applaud the genius of Bill Gates but what the "family" has accomplished in TV, in my humble opinion, shows absolute genius on par with Bill and people like him. I have worked on several small projects at work and we all know how the devil is in the details and how the laws of chaos come into play with the project scope and complexity. I have the greatest respect for the way the family has executed The Villages concept. I'm not sure what I would say to H. Gary Morse, but I'd love the opportunity just to shake the man's hand. Getting back on point, I'll let you know how I make out with shrinking the size of the Daily Sun insert. George
Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Veteran member

Gryoung, you're absolutely correct. The family has done a magnificent job developing TV. There's nothing like it anywhere else in the US and the world. All belly aching aside, they've got some geniuses among them.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Veteran member

Yeah, the people who thought this place up are geniuses. It's hard not to attribute this place to brilliance in marketing. They stumble occasionally but who among us doesn't? The POA is a compete turnoff...too bad. They could be a force for change but they are so lousy in their ability to communicate that they are a total turnoff. Sort of like a bunch of werewolves howling at the moon...and, if they had the right leadership and communication skills they would be leaders in the Community. They don't seem to get the truth that "perception is reality"...and when you get a rag dripping with sarcasm in your driveway every month or so,then you turn off. Howl away...you hurt yourselves.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 12-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
Yeah, the people who thought this place up are geniuses. It's hard not to attribute this place to brilliance in marketing. They stumble occasionally but who among us doesn't? The POA is a compete turnoff...too bad. They could be a force for change but they are so lousy in their ability to communicate that they are a total turnoff. Sort of like a bunch of werewolves howling at the moon...and, if they had the right leadership and communication skills they would be leaders in the Community. They don't seem to get the truth that "perception is reality"...and when you get a rag dripping with sarcasm in your driveway every month or so,then you turn off. Howl away...you hurt yourselves.
100%
Old 12-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung
... I'll let you know how I make out with shrinking the size of the Daily Sun insert. George
George...thank you for your effort!

John
Old 12-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Anyone know what happened on the 21st?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Platinum member

JohnM,

A few minutes ago I sent you an email with a PDF attached. Once I take Talk Host's class on posting pics, I may be able to post this PDF for anyone else who may be outside TV land and wants to see the Daily Sun Insert from Dec. 8th titled, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Anyone else interested in the PDF, please send me an email at gryoung@optonline.net. George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.