The Christmas Tree Lighting at Lake Sumter Landing was free to all.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:03 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default The Christmas Tree Lighting at Lake Sumter Landing was free to all.

The Villages Daily Sun added a new photo. - The Villages Daily Sun | Facebook

Except fifty folks who bought VIP tickets.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-06-2019 at 09:28 AM.
  #2  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,756
Thanks: 492
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,819 Posts
Default

Pisa.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #3  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:29 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Pisa.
???
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #4  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:31 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,756
Thanks: 492
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,819 Posts
Default

Leaning Tower of ________.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #5  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:33 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Leaning Tower of ________.
OH. Was it?
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #6  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:35 AM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 862
Thanks: 1
Thanked 425 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
???
Pretty obvious the Tree is " Leaning " as in Pisa. I got it after looking at the photo.
  #7  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,756
Thanks: 492
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Pretty obvious the Tree is " Leaning " as in Pisa.





Developer's fault.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #8  
Old 12-06-2019, 10:21 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Developer's fault.
We knew that. Well actually I didn't but I know you are kidding.

I am so glad I love Christmas.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #9  
Old 12-06-2019, 10:25 AM
LI SNOWBIRD's Avatar
LI SNOWBIRD LI SNOWBIRD is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,156
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I misread your post and read it as a free-for-al
my bad
__________________
LI SNOWBIRD LI, Tall Trees
"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."
Plato
  #10  
Old 12-06-2019, 10:51 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
I misread your post and read it as a free-for-al
my bad
No...probably will happen when the millennials get old enough to live here. lol.

Just kidding. We have some mighty fine millennial grandchildren.

(Wanna see their pictures?)
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #11  
Old 12-06-2019, 05:20 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,756
Thanks: 492
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We knew that. Well actually I didn't but I know you are kidding.

I am so glad I love Christmas.
I had to say it before a Debbie Downer says it.

Have a Very Merry GG!!!!!
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #12  
Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Deb Ott Deb Ott is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Is 50 folks buying VIP tickets to the tree lighting any different than "preferred pool" fees or "preferred tee time fees"? This is the real world, no different than box seats at a game, or back stage passes at a concert. People with enough money like these perks. It is okay.
  #13  
Old 12-07-2019, 07:20 AM
rustyp rustyp is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 5,032
Thanked 1,021 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Ott View Post
Is 50 folks buying VIP tickets to the tree lighting any different than "preferred pool" fees or "preferred tee time fees"? This is the real world, no different than box seats at a game, or back stage passes at a concert. People with enough money like these perks. It is okay.
Food for thought. In the words of a poster by the name of Orangebone from another site:

"I think The Villages is growing large enough that more activities should be separated by social and economic class. We need to begin charging for more free events so we can limit the size of the crowds that are descending on all the town squares. Charging wealthier people money for formerly free activities can generate additional income plus begin to separate the Villages community into the haves and have nots. Special treatment based on money is everywhere, why not here in The Villages? We aren’t all equal anymore here in the Villages, some have little money and live on fixed incomes, others have large investments, pensions, large IRA’s and can afford a richer lifestyle. Why shouldn’t the Villages take advantage of that?

I'll reemphasize these are not my words or necessarily my point of view just perhaps the second side of a two sided coin.
  #14  
Old 12-07-2019, 07:31 AM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,921
Thanks: 624
Thanked 1,969 Times in 858 Posts
Default

And, of course, Christmas is the time where those who can afford it should be treated with deference from the hoy polloi.

Last edited by Velvet; 12-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.
  #15  
Old 12-07-2019, 07:51 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,397
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,606 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Food for thought. In the words of a poster by the name of Orangebone from another site:

"I think The Villages is growing large enough that more activities should be separated by social and economic class. We need to begin charging for more free events so we can limit the size of the crowds that are descending on all the town squares. Charging wealthier people money for formerly free activities can generate additional income plus begin to separate the Villages community into the haves and have nots. Special treatment based on money is everywhere, why not here in The Villages? We aren’t all equal anymore here in the Villages, some have little money and live on fixed incomes, others have large investments, pensions, large IRA’s and can afford a richer lifestyle. Why shouldn’t the Villages take advantage of that?

I'll reemphasize these are not my words or necessarily my point of view just perhaps the second side of a two sided coin.

I think that the people who planned this place have made it so we are not divided by money or live like money divides us. I really don't know anyone who cares whether you have a bunch or not much.

I think we are all old enough to see how things really work. Old enough not to have the wool pulled over our eyes. Old enough to accurately access this situation. If I had to choose between the way this place is run, and a similar sized town run in the usual way, I would have to choose here.

I don't think Mark Morse is Attila the Hun OR Mother Teresa, AND I have to think he earns what he gets. His job can't be without constant stress, worry and effort with so many crucial and important tasks facing him 24/7 and 365. I think it just looks easy and comfy from a distance. I wouldn't want it and don't need what he makes. He and his sisters have made it so I live like he does, we all do.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-07-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, tree, lighting, lake, sumter

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.