Closures

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-15-2020, 11:12 AM
jacRI jacRI is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 18
Thanks: 23
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

For now I would be more concerned with the commute here with stops at gas stations, rest stops and hotels where who knows have previously been there.
  #32  
Old 03-15-2020, 11:16 AM
J1ceasar J1ceasar is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 693
Thanks: 38
Thanked 515 Times in 270 Posts
Default

BALONEY - supermarkets are stocked here.
  #33  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:15 PM
pamelacruz pamelacruz is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Tonight we took a drive around our closest town square. There were families with kids dancing to the piped in music on the band stand, people walking with ice cream cones along the boardwalk, and live entertainment at Cody’s on the water. The restaurants looked like they had customers, but nothing was shoulder to shoulder. I was happy to see people enjoying themselves while keeping safe distances from others.
red sauce was packed like sardines
  #34  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:40 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummr1 View Post
I went to the store this morning and they had everything but toilet paper.. I don’t know where you’re shopping .. nobody seemed to care in the Winn Dixie I was in.. pallets of water and everything! Plenty of food .. no shortage of anything
Yesterday, I left Colony Publix an hour after it opened. The lines were a mob scene. I then went to Winn Dixie in LSL and was so surprised to see the place was a ghost town compared to the zoo I left at Colony Publix. Just as you said, all the shelves were stocked as usual.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #35  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:39 PM
sls815 sls815 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Closures:

Very quiet here but sunny warm beautiful days! Restaurants & golf courses are open. Some rec center classes (small ones) grocery stores, many empty shelves & gas stations are open. Closed are too many to mention &
no one knows when they will open. Big ones closed are Squares, all theaters, Katie Belles, zThe Savannnah, all movies. However to date, no known virus in The Villages but you can be sure there will be. The first drive up testing soon to open.
  #36  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:41 PM
sls815 sls815 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Pools are open.
  #37  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM
swooner swooner is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 210
Thanks: 6
Thanked 174 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Considering all of the closings referenced here, thought it was ironic to go by St. Timothy Church at 9:30 this morning (Sunday) and see that the parking lot was full.
  #38  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,743
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,059 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Yesterday, I left Colony Publix an hour after it opened. The lines were a mob scene. I then went to Winn Dixie in LSL and was so surprised to see the place was a ghost town compared to the zoo I left at Colony Publix. Just as you said, all the shelves were stocked as usual.
Such a better class of shopper at Winn Dixie!!
  #39  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,743
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,059 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Considering all of the closings referenced here, thought it was ironic to go by St. Timothy Church at 9:30 this morning (Sunday) and see that the parking lot was full.
Insurance, and spread betting!
  #40  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:43 PM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,235
Thanks: 114
Thanked 561 Times in 204 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Considering all of the closings referenced here, thought it was ironic to go by St. Timothy Church at 9:30 this morning (Sunday) and see that the parking lot was full.
That is crazy!!!!
  #41  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Bucco Bucco is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,540
Thanks: 180
Thanked 1,954 Times in 628 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Considering all of the closings referenced here, thought it was ironic to go by St. Timothy Church at 9:30 this morning (Sunday) and see that the parking lot was full.
Well, it is the best choice for getting essentials now isn't it ?
  #42  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is online now
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 7,891
Thanks: 3,613
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,132 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Yesterday, I left Colony Publix an hour after it opened. The lines were a mob scene. I then went to Winn Dixie in LSL and was so surprised to see the place was a ghost town compared to the zoo I left at Colony Publix. Just as you said, all the shelves were stocked as usual.
That’s because there packed in line sardines around 466a. I was sown there month ago and 30 plus inline just to get through intersection.
  #43  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:26 PM
thomp679 thomp679 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 164
Thanks: 131
Thanked 192 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls815 View Post
Very quiet here but sunny warm beautiful days! Restaurants & golf courses are open. Some rec center classes (small ones) grocery stores, many empty shelves & gas stations are open. Closed are too many to mention &
no one knows when they will open. Big ones closed are Squares, all theaters, Katie Belles, zThe Savannnah, all movies. However to date, no known virus in The Villages but you can be sure there will be. The first drive up testing soon to open.
What are you talking about? Most things are not closed unless you are referencing the Squares. Most places that are open on Sun are open. I was just in Leesburg, Tavares, and Mt Dora and people are out and about. Yesterday we went golfing, today we saw an outdoor band in Yahala, and tomorrow, we will be kayaking.

The closures within the Villages are appropiate, but there is life outside the bubble that can be done. Just be sensible.
  #44  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:41 PM
Bucco Bucco is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,540
Thanks: 180
Thanked 1,954 Times in 628 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
What are you talking about? Most things are not closed unless you are referencing the Squares. Most places that are open on Sun are open. I was just in Leesburg, Tavares, and Mt Dora and people are out and about. Yesterday we went golfing, today we saw an outdoor band in Yahala, and tomorrow, we will be kayaking.

The closures within the Villages are appropiate, but there is life outside the bubble that can be done. Just be sensible.
Hope I am wrong, but worry that at tomorrow's press conference, your positive attitude might be shattered.

Hope I am wrong.
  #45  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:20 PM
rustyp rustyp is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 5,032
Thanked 1,021 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Hope I am wrong, but worry that at tomorrow's press conference, your positive attitude might be shattered.

Hope I am wrong.
I give it till Wed and the Villages will be on the map - why wouldn't it be ? We certainly weren't ahead of the curve.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, open, cancelling, trip

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.