Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

I hope they do better than last time

https://youtu.be/ox8LyCFrpek
Old 03-17-2023, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default where would you like people to park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
"The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales will participate in a St. Patrick's Day parade around Sawgrass Grove.

The parade route will close a portion of Meggison Road from Bexley Trail to St. Catherine Circle, around 11 a.m. Friday for approximately an hour.
Residents are encouraged to arrive early, as the Sawgrass Grove parking lot may be restricted before and after the parade.

Parking will be limited, available on first come first served basis. Residents are encouraged to carpool and utilize golf carts, bicycles or walking along the multi-modal path.

Attendees are discouraged from parking on streets in nearby villages.
During the parade, the detour route for Meggison Road will loop around Sawgrass Grove on St. Catherine Circle and Conley Court.
If they want to hold events like this they have to expect people to park in neighborhood's nearby, I live in TV about 10 miles away from this event, do they expect I'm going to walk there?
Old 03-17-2023, 03:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,313 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
If they want to hold events like this they have to expect people to park in neighborhood's nearby, I live in TV about 10 miles away from this event, do they expect I'm going to walk there?
I just read an article on another website where Villagers were being ticketed for street parking in Wildwood. This was at 10 pm!! Apparently, Wildwood passed a parking ordinance in April 2019 which made it illegal to park on any Wildwood city street at any time.

The Wildwood police said that the majority of parking tickets are written in response to complaints.

If people can’t park on the streets during the day, what are they supposed to do when Sawgrass has events?
Old 03-17-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
Erin go bragh
Erin, go braghless.

I apologize. That was tacky. My bad.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Erin, go braghless.

I apologize. That was tacky. My bad.
I was waiting... Well played...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-18-2023, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Crowded yes, but we could easily see the Clydesdales at multiple locations. Saw them by the trailer get primed and hitched to the wagon then watched their show at 3 different locations. Beautiful beasts and a darn cute Dalmatian. Front row, great videos, pics. Not many people paid attention to where they were going to be when not on the main route. Very few saw them leaving and returning from Sawgrass which is where the best pictures were taken. Golf carts coming and going were lined up for a long way at a stand still. But our parking location allowed for an easy and quick get away. People attending were polite and friendly. We had a great time.

Last edited by kendi; 03-18-2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
It was packed! It was like the Strawberry Festival but with only about 20% of the parking space. The parking lot in Ezell was full and the side streets in St. Catherine's had a lot of cars parked on the street. The golf cars were on the grass behind Sawgrass and about halfway down to Roudell. Sawgrass was packed with people and there were people lined up on both sides of Meggison from Citrus Grove to St. Catherine's/Cason Hammock roundabout.

Not sure when they closed Meggison but if you were heading northwest on Meggison, once you got to Roudell Way, they were stopping all traffic. There were a lot of contractors and realtors that couldn't get out. They couldn't take the back roads and come out through Ezell and I don't think they could take the back roads and come out at St. Catherine Circle.

It was a nice parade but I don't think Meggison is a great venue for parades. It is the only road to and from the area which does create logistical problems for people not going to the parade.

Do they have parades on Morse or Buena Vista??
They can get out at the other end of Meggison at 470. not sure if they can sneak down that way quite yet, but soon.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

You won’t get even remotely close. Are they charging admission?
Old 03-18-2023, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
You won’t get even remotely close. Are they charging admission?
Wasn’t it Friday ?
Old 03-18-2023, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
They can get out at the other end of Meggison at 470. not sure if they can sneak down that way quite yet, but soon.
I was on Meggison recently and the Road Closed sign was still up. Once they open up Meggison going south and open up Bexley Bridge, people will have options getting out of Sawgrass.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
Erin go bragh
Erin go bra-less.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
It has been about 10 years since they were last here. A great sight! Will be great to see them but probably can’t due to traffic. The beer tasting ain’t bad either
I saw the Clydsdales about 6 years ago at LSL.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
It was packed! It was like the Strawberry Festival but with only about 20% of the parking space. The parking lot in Ezell was full and the side streets in St. Catherine's had a lot of cars parked on the street. The golf cars were on the grass behind Sawgrass and about halfway down to Roudell. Sawgrass was packed with people and there were people lined up on both sides of Meggison from Citrus Grove to St. Catherine's/Cason Hammock roundabout.

Not sure when they closed Meggison but if you were heading northwest on Meggison, once you got to Roudell Way, they were stopping all traffic. There were a lot of contractors and realtors that couldn't get out. They couldn't take the back roads and come out through Ezell and I don't think they could take the back roads and come out at St. Catherine Circle.

It was a nice parade but I don't think Meggison is a great venue for parades. It is the only road to and from the area which does create logistical problems for people not going to the parade.

Do they have parades on Morse or Buena Vista??
Parades have always been around the squares with staging areas in the surrounding parking lots. And.......no, Morse and Buena Vista are not used for parades.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Crowded yes, but we could easily see the Clydesdales at multiple locations. Saw them by the trailer get primed and hitched to the wagon then watched their show at 3 different locations. Beautiful beasts and a darn cute Dalmatian. Front row, great videos, pics. Not many people paid attention to where they were going to be when not on the main route. Very few saw them leaving and returning from Sawgrass which is where the best pictures were taken. Golf carts coming and going were lined up for a long way at a stand still. But our parking location allowed for an easy and quick get away. People attending were polite and friendly. We had a great time.
Would be nice if you posted a couple of your pics.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Parades have always been around the squares with staging areas in the surrounding parking lots. And.......no, Morse and Buena Vista are not used for parades.
That is what I thought. Sawgrass is not a square and is not designed for large events like parades or festivals. Unlike the Town Squares, there is very limited parking around Sawgrass.

Closing off Meggison for a parade is a bad choice. On the west side of The Villages, Meggison is the only north south road from 44 to 470. On the east side, the only north south road south of 44 is Morse until it ends at the roundabout with Meggison and then Meggison is the only north south road to 470.

If they want a parade near Sawgrass, they should use St. Catherine Circle to Ezell. People could see the parade and they could leave Meggison open.
Closed Thread

Tags
clydesdales, tomorrow, backed, bridge, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.