comcast email

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,807 Times in 5,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetp-7 View Post
We switched from Comcast Xfinity to spectrum and Comcast would not release our phone number because it has a 633 in it and those belong to Comcast. It was a pain to change all of our phone numbers with doctors etc. but we did it. Spectrum prices increase somewhat like Comcast, but we did cut the cord so we only have Internet and landline. As for your email address, you can continue to use that! You do not need
to go through the provider to use your email.
Huh? My Comcast phone number doesn't have a 633 in it. But, I thought there was a Federal law that requires phone providers to allow you to "port" your number to another provider. I think you even pay a small fee every month for that privilege.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:43 AM

The best thing about Spectrum is their App for Roku and your phone and on a PC. At home you can get all subscribed channels on any device without a cable box. Away from home you can still get most of the channels as home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Spectrum rep stopped by the house today to see if we were interested in converting to Spectrum, with over a 50% savings. I told him it was interesting BUT we both had comcast (xxxxx.comcast.net) email accounts. He showed me a page from the comcast website that indicates we can keep our comcast email accounts.

SO, has anyone done this? Are there any downsides to doing this? Is there a cost to doing this?

I will be contacting comcast but their customer service the last time I tried to use it, it left a lot to be desired.

Also, I forgot to ask the Spectrum guy if we could keep our existing house phone number.

Any comments from someone who has done this or tried to do this would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Spectrum rep stopped by the house today to see if we were interested in converting to Spectrum, with over a 50% savings. I told him it was interesting BUT we both had comcast (xxxxx.comcast.net) email accounts. He showed me a page from the comcast website that indicates we can keep our comcast email accounts.

SO, has anyone done this? Are there any downsides to doing this? Is there a cost to doing this?

I will be contacting comcast but their customer service the last time I tried to use it, it left a lot to be desired.

Also, I forgot to ask the Spectrum guy if we could keep our existing house phone number.

Any comments from someone who has done this or tried to do this would be appreciated.
We switched from Comcast (Xfinity) to Spectrum 3 years ago and were able to keep all three 'comcast.net' emails. We were not allowed to keep our landline phone number. Both companies said this was the other's policy. We also have Spectrum Mobile and our Gmail accounts as well as Comcast are accessible on "All Inboxes."
Old 08-18-2023, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNY61 View Post
The best thing about Spectrum is their App for Roku and your phone and on a PC. At home you can get all subscribed channels on any device without a cable box. Away from home you can still get most of the channels as home.
That is not unique to Spectrum. You can do the same thing with Xfinity.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlor View Post
We switched from Comcast (Xfinity) to Spectrum 3 years ago and were able to keep all three 'comcast.net' emails. We were not allowed to keep our landline phone number. Both companies said this was the other's policy. We also have Spectrum Mobile and our Gmail accounts as well as Comcast are accessible on "All Inboxes."
I don't think they told you the truth. I think you have the right to keep your phone number, by Federal law.

Here is an excerpt from the FCC.gov website:

"Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee."

Last edited by retiredguy123; 08-18-2023 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

I have lived here almost 9 years, have changed cable companies 4 or 5 times, have never been able to keep my phone number, despite assurances that I could, still have a landline but rarely use it because it’s a real pain to keep changing it
Old 08-20-2023, 01:38 AM

You can keep your comcast Email. Spectrum currently has the best price over any provider currently in the villages. The door to door offer for new customers is 19.99/month for 300 mbps or 39.99/month for gig internet. Many villages residents have signed up through Lysander Jimenez, his customer service is top notch compared to anything that xfinity can ever provide. He has numerous reviews on Nextdoor app as well. Contact info. 352.239.3538.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:25 PM
Default Comcast email & spectrum internet

Yes! We kept our free Comcast email and have Spectrum internet. No problems!

QUOTE=villagetinker;2246320]Spectrum rep stopped by the house today to see if we were interested in converting to Spectrum, with over a 50% savings. I told him it was interesting BUT we both had comcast (xxxxx.comcast.net) email accounts. He showed me a page from the comcast website that indicates we can keep our comcast email accounts.

Any comments from someone who has done this or tried to do this would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2023, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:

SO, has anyone done this? Are there any downsides to doing this? Is there a cost to doing this? <snip>
Yes, I have done it without any problems. No downsides. No costs.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Never marry your email address to your isp.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, email, spectrum, accounts, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.