Complaint About The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Sage
Default Complaint About The Villages

Being a single person, I have only one complaint about TV.

You only get one resident I.D. and married couples get two. I know the rules that it goes by the names on the deed, etc. I still think this is unfair.

If a single person meets someone outside of TV and who wants to take their date to a resident function where they need to produce a resident I.D. and or gets into a relationship, the other person does not have access as the resident does, because the single person has one resident I.D.

I know people will respond that "it is what it is", but the singles get screwed. IMHO

It indicates one needs to live with a person, if they want to enjoy their company in TV environment. It seems to be a little far fetch option, as opposed to, getting two resident I.D's. Would it kill everything about TV, if single people got an second or resident/guest I.D? How many extra I.D's. would need to be distributed?

I know it's the developer ballpark and he/she can take his/her bat and ball home, if someone states a different point of view. It seems like a form of discrimination, against the single populace.

This has been discussed before but would like to see if there are any options, to changing this scenario.

Just waiting for the married people to say BOO-HOO!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Sage

Exactly right, Joe.

And while we are at it...why in heaven do we have a higher tax bracket????
Old 12-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

I agree! Maybe Bogie Shooter can tell us who to contact to get things changed.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I understand your position. The rules are basically stating you either date another villager or someone outside the given radius. That's the way I read it.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

You only get one resident I.D. and married couples get two. I know the rules that it goes by the names on the deed, etc. I still think this is unfair.

If a single person meets someone outside of TV and who wants to take their date to a resident function where they need to produce a resident I.D. and or gets into a relationship, the other person does not have access as the resident does, because the single person has one resident I.D.

I know people will respond that "it is what it is", but the singles get screwed. IMHO

It indicates one needs to live with a person, if they want to enjoy their company in TV environment. It seems to be a little far fetch option, as opposed to, getting two resident I.D's. Would it kill everything about TV, if single people got an second or resident/guest I.D? How many extra I.D's. would need to be distributed?

I know it's the developer ballpark and he/she can take his/her bat and ball home, if someone states a different point of view. It seems like a form of discrimination, against the single populace.

This has been discussed before but would like to see if there are any options, to changing this scenario.

you're 100% correct, single households should get a 'permanent' guest id.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You can get a visitor pass?
Old 12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think only for 30 days and only if they live outside the tri-county area.
It is a discrimination and needs to be addressed. Maybe get the singles group to go in mass to a few meetings and get the attention of the people that can correct this.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

I agree completely. I am about to be a single in TV starting next week and to me this does seem unfair
Old 12-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Default villages unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

That's not the only unfair rule in The Villages. If you buy a trail pass for your golf cart (for golfing), it costs a single person as much as a couple....
$140.+ per year. I know.........'it's all about the DEED', but that still doesn't make it fair for the singles. IMHO it should be changed to be more fair. (It doesn't affect me because I am married)
Old 12-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

I'm single. If I had a permanent guest pass made out of "Guest of TVMayor" picture id not required, can I look her in the eye and tell her I need to retain possession of the id because my other bunk mates need to use it. Then with a slam of the door her and the id disappear for ever. Then I would have to explain to bunk mate two how I lost the id and how I have to cancel the lost one and get a new one. She then tells me she will retain possession of the id because this is the 27th one I have lost.

The events described above are hypothetical.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

What will be the rule for a manage-a-trois?
Old 12-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Would Joe be able to get a visitor pass if he started dating someone from outside TV but within a 50-mile radius? (Not being sarcastic... I thought I read that somewhere.) And if it became a serious relationship, what would happen then? You can't get a permanent visitor's pass, and there are many reasons, financial and otherwise, that a person might not want to marry. Even with a visitor's pass, you can't use the sports pools, so not everything would be available. Also, in many of the exercise classes, they take the visitors last. The rooms have a certain capacity due to fire regs, and residents are given first piority.

I see Joe's and every other single's point. Maybe if enough people asked, TV would be willing to come up with a reasonable alternative.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Platinum member

Have we found the reason Joe can't get a date , ID cards?

( just kidding )

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 12-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
I'm single. If I had a permanent guest pass made out of "Guest of TVMayor" picture id not required, can I look her in the eye and tell her I need to retain possession of the id because my other bunk mates need to use it. Then with a slam of the door her and the id disappear for ever. Then I would have to explain to bunk mate two how I lost the id and how I have to cancel the lost one and get a new one. She then tells me she will retain possession of the id because this is the 27th one I have lost.

The events described above are hypothetical.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 12-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

It just seems to me that Resident IDs are for, well, residents. They are those whose names are on the deed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.