Concerns of a prospective TOTV member

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
There is not a great deal of blood in the water on TOTV in all its forums when compared with many of the other message boards on the web. You do need though to be prepared for a few bites from the fish if you wander on the political forum on TOTV and start defending various Democratic politicians.
Have you been to or participated in political forums on other sites? I was once a member of a site that had a forum called "The Tavern." They had many forums on that site but you had better be armed if you entered the tavern.
I try to treat the political forum as if I was walking into a real bar. I enter discreetly and chose my words carefully until I know the people who are drinking there. If you enter with your guns a blazing, you had better take cover quickly.

Diplomacy goes a long way there.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Thumbs up Great source of friendly advice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Card View Post
Pat, I did join that forum for three days. I was told real quick to get out and die. I had to log out to let my wounds heal. If you disagree in that forum, they come at you 5 or 6 strong and beat ya like a rabid skunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
There is not a great deal of blood in the water on TOTV in all its forums when compared with many of the other message boards on the web. You do need though to be prepared for a few bites from the fish if you wander on the political forum on TOTV and start defending various Democratic politicians.
Pats2010 and Tal, The forums are extremely civil and highly informative. 99 & 44/100 % are helpful and courteous. As in all public forums, you may find an occasional sniper or drive-by. Ignored long enough, they go away. The fact that the political forum is an 'Opt-In' forum makes it some place you have to choose to expose yourself to responses to your opinions. If you read the reasonable posts, you will notice they just want claims backed up by reliable FACTS, not just 'talking points'. The anonymity of posting does not give you license to be cruel and demeaning. As the administrators ask of us, Think Face-to-face.
Lou, I don't recall anybody telling you to 'get out and die'. Just supply facts to back up statements. I'm sorry you're feeling 'wounded'.
- Irving Kristol
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Pats2010 and Tal, The forums are extremely civil and highly informative. 99 & 44/100 % are helpful and courteous. As in all public forums, you may find an occasional sniper or drive-by. Ignored long enough, they go away. The fact that the political forum is an 'Opt-In' forum makes it some place you have to choose to expose yourself to responses to your opinions. If you read the reasonable posts, you will notice they just want claims backed up by reliable FACTS, not just 'talking points'. The anonymity of posting does not give you license to be cruel and demeaning. As the administrators ask of us, Think Face-to-face.
Lou, I don't recall anybody telling you to 'get out and die'. Just supply facts to back up statements. I'm sorry you're feeling 'wounded'.

Actually for those who are afraid that in political Mr Lou was treated badly for no reason, please PM me...I will be glad to copy and forward you all of his posts and the responses...especially those when he first posted welcoming him aboard knowing his leanings politically.

The Political forum is NOT a "lions den"...most however will not allow you without questioning to just SAY THINGS. There needs to be some credibility for what you say.

Unfair criticisms of that area in my opinion !
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Founder

The smart thing for me to do is close this thread.

JLK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.