Construction trash who do you call??

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM

I called The Villages Warranty office and the trash in my yard immediately stopped and the construction continued.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When I had this problem at a house, I found out who the general contractor was for the house being built and made an appointment to meet with him the following day. I pointed out that while they had a dumpster, it was only being used for building refuse -- was the policy and, if so, why. Trash from the workers was being tossed into the back of an open pickup. I also handed the contractor all the trash I had collected the past day. Amazingly, there was never another piece of trash in the yard.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage
Default A way of life for now

Unfortunately, construction is a way of life for now in TV. We were once in the middle of it and now it has moved south. I am surprised at how many nails and screws these contractors lose out of their trucks. We found several in the roadway when they were building the villas down the road from us, unfortunately our tire found one too! An expensive replacement. We try to stop and pick the nails and screws up when we see them When riding I our cart, if its safe to do so. Trash is an issue, even on the roadways from it flying out of the back of the trucks.
All said, the construction will end and we will move on with our lives and live happily ever after!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.