Coronavirus testing

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJangles View Post
Premier is opening the testing for their patients.
My understanding is that it's for everyone but you need to call and speak with one of their doctors first to discuss your situation.

Last edited by rmd2; 03-16-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:35 AM

Always positive to learn from others. Puts us ahead of the curve. Blessings and good health to all
Old 03-16-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Which would have been a great idea that I fully support. My question whether or not some government regulation prevented the US from accepting WHO test kits? And I don't think you can change a government regulation in a day (or a week or a month), the bureaucrats hate to drop even 1 of their "rules"
No. When WHO surveyed countries needs for testing kits, US said 'no thank you' as we wanted to be in control of that aspect; award our own contracts. When first kits were rolled out into the system, they were faulty. There's currently an investigation on what the hell happened there. Pretty clear: it's still about money and rewarding contracts folks, not about humanity.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribellitt View Post
No. When WHO surveyed countries needs for testing kits, US said 'no thank you' as we wanted to be in control of that aspect; award our own contracts. When first kits were rolled out into the system, they were faulty. There's currently an investigation on what the hell happened there. Pretty clear: it's still about money and rewarding contracts folks, not about humanity.
Source???????
Old 03-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Default Must Read

Well worth the 20 minutes to read the following three articles that were recently published to learn more about why this is so important for us to do:

Flattening the Coronavirus Curve - The New York Times

Coronavirus is past containment, but USA can limit scope of epidemic

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now - Tomas Pueyo - Medium

Last edited by Mendy; 03-16-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: didn't include link
Old 03-16-2020, 11:22 AM

Premier Medical Group is not connected to The Villages. They are a private practice with offices in The Villages. The community itself has no testing facilities (at least not advertised.) Details are not quite what they seem in the article.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fletcher View Post
We all live by the choices we make. In the case of Covid-19 many may suffer from the choices made by a few.

Some strongly believe the world is flat, that’s ok, it will not hurt me!

This my friends is a different matter. It is not about ones liberty it is about preserving our right to living in freedom.

Unfortunately many of us do not understand the difference!
True BUT … how is that any different from other decisions made by a member of a social organization/community and the resulting affect on others? If you party too much at the squares and drive home and have an accident, doesn't someone else suffer from the choice you made? If one is a drug addict and kills or robs to support his habit, doesn't that affect the welfare of others? If some choose to refrain from gainful employment and we all have to pay for their "needs" isn't that affecting all of us? In essence, most choices made by others in a community can have an affect on others of that community. That is the unfortunate fact of living as social beings. The choices of others, good or bad, can, ultimately, affect the welfare of others of that group - covid-19 is no different in that regard.

Fred
Old 03-16-2020, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

Many posts in the pasts have indicated the worry about the hospital situation in TV - it is not new, it’s one of the few things my aunt used to complain about all the time since 2005 when my uncle needed help. Looks like health care is NOT a priority. To attract good doctors etc there must be nice places for their families to live as well as good salaries and facilities.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Source???????
Not sure what your intent is here........but this is a very general rundown of the highlights........you obviously are limited in your reading, not an insult, simply this is all common knowledge and it happened very quickly.

US coronavirus testing problems: timeline of delays, errors - Business Insider

But you seem to want to downplay the seriousness of this....MISTAKE.....MISTAKE.

Be safe...share help for other folks on here....information you may know....not exactly sure what your motivation is. WILL leave it at that
Old 03-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

One confirmed in Lake County. Travel related.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Not sure what your intent is here........but this is a very general rundown of the highlights........you obviously are limited in your reading, not an insult, simply this is all common knowledge and it happened very quickly.

US coronavirus testing problems: timeline of delays, errors - Business Insider

But you seem to want to downplay the seriousness of this....MISTAKE.....MISTAKE.

Be safe...share help for other folks on here....information you may know....not exactly sure what your motivation is. WILL leave it at that
Intent?????

That's easy---to ascertain factual information and distinguish it from personal opinions and political views during a health care crisis. When someone posts that the US government refused WHO test kits, I want to know how they knew that. Politico is not a reliable source since they have a political agenda. When someone posts COVID-19 is coming here and going to hit "hard", I will call that out as speculation. This is a VIRUS, probably originated in Wuton, China. It is NOT "Trump's virus" nor is it "Obama's virus", it is simply a virus. Beyond that I'm just providing only a little expert medical information, since I believe people should get their information from the CDC and state health departments.

That being said, just what is YOUR intent????

Oh, BTW, I forgot that I must be "limited in my reading" Maybe I never learned to read, glad I have you to explain it to me. I'll leave it at that
Old 03-16-2020, 02:28 PM

Don’t be foolish, listen intelligently not hysterically, but listen and prepare.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Intent?????

That's easy---to ascertain factual information and distinguish it from personal opinions and political views during a health care crisis. When someone posts that the US government refused WHO test kits, I want to know how they knew that. Politico is not a reliable source since they have a political agenda. When someone posts COVID-19 is coming here and going to hit "hard", I will call that out as speculation. This is a VIRUS, probably originated in Wuton, China. It is NOT "Trump's virus" nor is it "Obama's virus", it is simply a virus. Beyond that I'm just providing only a little expert medical information, since I believe people should get their information from the CDC and state health departments.

That being said, just what is YOUR intent????

Oh, BTW, I forgot that I must be "limited in my reading" Maybe I never learned to read, glad I have you to explain it to me. I'll leave it at that
One would think that what you had to spell out would be self evident!

Fred
Old 03-16-2020, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post
One would think that what you had to spell out would be self evident!

Fred
Not to some people, but then again my reading is "limited"
Old 03-16-2020, 08:21 PM

so true, but I don't think they were expecting people just to pull up in their golf carts!! Without the referral.
Closed Thread

Tags
article, testing, coronavirus, drive, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.