Covenant Question

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Since these enforcements are complaint driven I'm guessing one of the bah humbug neighbors turned them in. Wow - that's Village friendly!
No, I disagree. Rules are rules.......that's Villages friendly.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Veteran member

We tend to be more the rules are in place for a reason and also don't want to start out as a problem to our neighbors. I'll call to make sure we are within the guidelines.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 PM

Some individuals just have no sense of what's tasteful. So, they put up cheap "decorations and banners" all over their yards as long as they can get away with being offensive. If they like their tasteless junk so well, perhaps they could move it all inside and enjoy it privately within their homes. Many of us are becoming tired of people who think they need to display signs and banners in their lawn. We would appreciate some enforcement. If it takes calling in complaints, so be it. Please help protect our property values.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

gracie...i am not a scrooge. tsk.tsk. however, rules are rules and lawn decorations and such can evolve from holiday decor to year 'round pink flamingos! or homes painted purple.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
gracie...i am not a scrooge. tsk.tsk. however, rules are rules and lawn decorations and such can evolve from holiday decor to year 'round pink flamingos! or homes painted purple.
I happen to like the pink flamingos in my yard - and being North of 466 there is no problem in having them! They go very well with my numerous garden gnomes and alligator with golf balls in his mouth.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
Holiday decorations are an interesting subject. The rules state that holiday decor may be up a total of 30 days. so, if you decorate for christmas on november 10, you have to have them removed by december 10. this year one of my neighbors put his up on the 15th november; when called on it on november 16th by the deed compliance group he refused to remove them, and nothing was done about it. no fines, no nasty letters, no nothing. obviously they were not removed at the 30 day point (december 15) and remained up past January 1. why do we have non-enforced restrictions?
[B]Typically, homeowners put their Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving and take them down by New Year's or the "Twelfth Day of Christmas."

Why do we have '"non-enforced restrictions?" My guess is the powers who have the ability to enforce these restrictions feel this particular restriction is not important enough; OR they have other things to take care of and this person's decorations were low on the list of priorities. It would be interesting to ask why situations such as this are NOT handled at all.

Going a step further, are there really residents who mark their calendar with the dates that neighbors put things up for holidays, and keep track of the exact time they take them down?

Also, the restrictions say no, but is there really anything wrong with a bird house, bird feeder, bird bath, plant in a pot or a landscape boulder??? I guess there is no real answer.
[/B
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
[B]Typically, homeowners put their Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving and take them down by New Year's or the "Twelfth Day of Christmas."

Why do we have '"non-enforced restrictions?" My guess is the powers who have the ability to enforce these restrictions feel this particular restriction is not important enough; OR they have other things to take care of and this person's decorations were low on the list of priorities. It would be interesting to ask why situations such as this are NOT handled at all.

Going a step further, are there really residents who mark their calendar with the dates that neighbors put things up for holidays, and keep track of the exact time they take them down?

Also, the restrictions say no, but is there really anything wrong with a bird house, bird feeder, bird bath, plant in a pot or a landscape boulder??? I guess there is no real answer.
[/B
You will find there are people on this forum that probably do mark their calendar with the dates that neighbors put things up for holidays, and keep track of the exact time they take them down. Certain people have stated quite strongly in past posts, that "rules are rules" and are meant to be followed and enforced, with no exceptions. They are more caught up in the rule itself, than the intent of the rule.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.