Crispers Luncheon Pix

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Sage
Default Crispers Luncheon Pix

Pictures from today's luncheon have been posted in photo albums.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...hp?albumid=199

Nice turnout, lots of new peeps, and good to see Donna and Nonie in town. Kathie took the pix with my camera (she forgot her camera, harumph) and I edited/posted them. Sorry, no JeanneBeanie...she was busy with an inspector getting ready for her closing next week.

Last day of summer before Fall starts tomorrow with cooler, drier weather. 83 degrees today...eat your heart out in NY, PA, Mich, etc.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,229 Times in 757 Posts

It sure looked like all of you were having a lot of fun. I guess nobody saw me there.

Boomer

The Villages Florida

(Actually, I am kidding. I am still here in dreary, cold, rainy Ohio. But it is almost midnight. I know I should never post when it gets late.)

Last edited by Boomer; 10-16-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Gold member

Thank You for Posting the pictures 07. Hopefully in December that will be me in one of those pictures.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Sage

Thanks Villages07. I saw many new peeps.

Boomer, is that really you... in another location (not in The Bubble)?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are great and as usual everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time! Sorry JB had to miss her first Crisper's event.
Boomer...you are a hoot...is that you lurking in the bushes?!?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Thanks Villages07. I saw many new peeps.

Boomer, is that really you... in another location (not in The Bubble)?
Yes. It's me. About a month ago in Ohio when the sky was actually blue here. And I am still in Ohio. But the sky is not blue. And I should have apologized once more for making the picture the size of a billboard. I just finally learned how to use Photobucket -- sort of, but I don't know how to resize the pictures. And I hope a giant picture is not like typing in all caps or something. I really do not know how to make them smaller.

Boomer
Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Sage

Hey, Boomer, I don't care about the size of the picture. I happy to "meet" you!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Soaring Parsley

Old 10-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi to all, and also that is my autumn clematis climbing the fence. I have written gardening posts somewhere among these buzillion posts of mine. I like to garden. This was the first year for that plant and I have to say, it looks like it likes it at my house. Of course, it rained a lot here this summer so maybe I should not be acting like I made it look so good when really I did nothing much.

Boomer
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Sage

Boomer, I like to garden, too. Hopefully we can each adjust our gardening skills to the Florida climate. BTW, you should make that picture your avatar!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Soaring Parsley

Maybe so, Champ 6. It sure would be a giant avatar though. Where would I post?????

When I showed up on TOTV, I was looking for info about The Villages, just like everybody else here, and then I started to post and I could not stop. Insane! It is still the only forum I am a part of. I did not even know what a forum was when I got here. And I had never heard of an avatar. I have not quite embraced the 21st Century yet I guess.

Boomer
Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Default Everyone is looking good!

07 Thanks for the pics and update on all the peeps!!

Definitely eating our heart out and feeling very jealous of everyone's summer attire while we are cold and wet in Jersey!

PS - Boomer great pic of you!!

Last edited by oatmealgirls; 10-17-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add ps
Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

007...GREAT JOB!!! I am so happy I was here for this one...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Default ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear

When I looked back at my billboard face here in this thread where I put it late last night, I thought ohhhhhhh, nooooooo.

Here is what happened.

Some of you know that I am really camera shy. I rarely post a picture and the pictures I have posted never show much. I am truly camera-shy. And I know I always will be. But recently, since I am approaching 2000 posts and two years here, I thought maybe I could make an avatar. And so I put some pictures into Photobucket a few weeks ago. Some of you have seen my dog on here, also billboard size.

Well, last night when I saw those great pictures that Kathie and V'07 put here, I thought, "Ohhhh, I am going to go to Photobucket and get that silly picture of me looking over the fence and put it here like I was lurking around at Crispers."

The problem was that I still have no idea how to resize pictures. (or make an avatar)

And I thought, well, it will be fun to just send the picture anyway, even though I do feel like it is huge. So I did. And it is.

And now, here I sit, the morning after, and I am blushing. I hope nobody thinks I was trying to hijack the thread. Had I been in TV, I probably would have been right there with you. But I still would have hidden from the camera.

And thank you Kathie and V'07 for making that album. Everybody always looks so wonderful and happy and warm in those pictures you post for us.

I realize that this little post here may look even weirder than the picture does. I just wanted to explain how it happened and why it was so huge and that I did not want anybody to think I was a true hijacker. And someday my billboard face will get smaller, if I ever figure out how to do it. But for now, my billboard face is red.

Boomer
Old 10-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

07...thanks for the pictures...sorry we missed another one. Boomer...you look like a movie star....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.