Is Dabney too isolated now and long term ?

Old 05-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
Agree. It’s basically a retail, golf, shopping, medical, restaurant, drug store wasteland. I wouldn’t move to a location that isn’t more than a 15 minute golf cart ride to any of those places. Two grocery stores, nine executive courses, three championship courses, Brownwood. Oh, fire station one mile. I didn’t move here to drive my car except to ACE.
Years ago, the Villages marketing strategy was "everything you need is a short golf cart ride away." Their new way of selling homes is to tell buyers all the villages and squares are connected via golf cart paths. A HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,141 Times in 567 Posts
Default Yes

Quote:
Agree. It’s basically a retail, golf, shopping, medical, restaurant, drug store wasteland. I wouldn’t move to a location that isn’t more than a 15 minute golf cart ride to any of those places. Two grocery stores, nine executive courses, three championship courses, Brownwood. Oh, fire station one mile. I didn’t move here to drive my car except to ACE.
115 s lots will be released soon and they are much more favorable as a desirable location. 5 minutes to Brownwood by golf cart Public Portal • CivicClerk
Granted, there are only 57 to be released, but they are much more prime than a drive all the way from Dabney to the new location.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-14-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
115 s lots will be released soon and they are much more favorable as a desirable location. 5 minutes to Brownwood by golf cart Public Portal • CivicClerk
Granted, there are only 57 to be released, but they are much more prime than a drive all the way from Dabney to the new location.
Those new lots are adjacent to a trailer park. Not exactly prime.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,141 Times in 567 Posts
Default Orange Blossom

Quote:
Originally Posted by callalily View Post
Those new lots are adjacent to a trailer park. Not exactly prime.
You could pretend you were at Orange Blossom. The Villages is putting up a wall anyway.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-14-2024, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,766 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
One of the many great things about TV is that no matter what is important to you, you can find the best place. Close by golf cart has no importance to me at all. I know several people who do not even own golf carts. Nothing wrong with using a car to get to where you want to be.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,766 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Years ago, the Villages marketing strategy was "everything you need is a short golf cart ride away." Their new way of selling homes is to tell buyers all the villages and squares are connected via golf cart paths. A HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Does 'years ago' matter? I think not. Everything evolves. Golf carts are less important to some people than they are to others. Seems like the marketing folks understand that.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Does 'years ago' matter? I think not. Everything evolves. Golf carts are less important to some people than they are to others. Seems like the marketing folks understand that.
I guess you missed what I was trying to say. In past years, Everything, as in restaurants, doctors, stores, many golf courses, squares, etc is golf cart accessible. You never have to leave the bubble. Everything is in CLOSE PROXIMITY and was designed that way.

In the newer areas, golf cart paths connect the villages and squares. Very little, if anything, in between. You get a long scenic ride but must go out of the bubble(in your car) for your needs. Like I said, A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Of course, you would not want a golf cart in those areas. It would take most of your day to travel and return.

In the older areas, hop in your cart and what you want or need takes MINUTES. Need something else while you are out? Right there! Just stop in and do your second, or third, or fourth task. Easy Peasy!

Last edited by Randall55; 05-14-2024 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,608 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I am just looking at the Villages website showing the new homes that are still for sale in Lake Denham and Dabney. It looks like most of the prices have been cut several times and they still aren't selling. It will be interesting to see how low the Villages will go to sell these houses. Does anyone that was here in 2008/2009 know how low the prices were?

I moved here in 2021 and I don't remember seeing any price reductions on new homes. It was a seller's market and the Villages was no lowering prices. They were selling at the asking price.

I don't think the Lake Denham/Dabney prices have hit bottom and people hate to buy when they think the prices will drop further.

It appears that the homes in Eastport are selling faster than the homes in Dabney.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Here in “07” houses were selling with knee deep names on every house near completion. Then again building was going to cease soon. If you didn’t buy there would be no new home for you. At that time the colony we looked at was $164,000, nothing special.

2008/2009 homes were selling interest rates were up, homes selling but not at the “07” free for all. Homes that were offered on discount were because the village was being closed out.

Same house in 2010 new build, in a neighborhood that had just started. $124,000. New villages usually only had discounts on homes that was a problem lot, or village was complete, and wanted to sell what was left, the neighborhood had maybe 100 houses, discount offered on most houses to close out neighborhood.

In those days new villages were kept close to the vest, and you didn’t have a drone flying over like today, letting you know that there were hundreds of acres eventually going to be built on.

But except for 2007, every village has had discounts on some homes, but larger discounts to close out the village.

Tags
south, dabney, turnpike, save, development

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.