Is Dabney too isolated now and long term ?

Old 02-11-2024, 11:29 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,454 Times in 1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
Head north. Need food shopping, dept. stores, home stores, gas stations, hospitals, medical facilities, golf courses, etc.?
Then head north.
Dabney will be very near to the new hospital, lots of retail space down there that will be built in the near future, medical facilities are being built all over the place south of 44, 3 new championship courses near Dabney, and you are near to Leesburg for all of their shopping and restaurants, also much, much closer to Orlando and Tampa via the Turnpike and I-75 than areas up north.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFitness View Post
I will be visiting in 2 weeks and will likely purchase a Patio in either Dabney or Moultrie Creek. I can save about $30k in Dabney when considering bond. Maybe more when considering future costs of building materials if I wait even longer.

For those who purchased in the newer sections (Lake Denham, Dabney); does the drive north get old ? Are you worried that you will feel cut off as new development goes south on the other side of the turnpike ?

I've seen some people state they think another cart connection will be built (maybe CR470) in the future. Aside from Lake Denham and Dabney residents, who would that really benefit (so why would they bother building it) ? Is more development going to happen south of Dabney north/east of the turnpike ?

Buy where you like it but for me? Well I am NEVER getting a golf car and theres NO LAW saying that you need to have one there. Even thou they claim its fun to ride them it is not enjoyable for me and I am sorry but IF I can get somewhere in 10 minutes by car versus 30 minutes with the cart well theres your answer. My time is also valuable and do not want to waste it driving around at 18 miles a hour all day !!!
Old 02-11-2024, 11:49 AM
Gold member

If your asking these questions it looks to me like you already know the answer. Look at a map and decide what is the best location for your move to TV. Keep in mind things can change quickly when it comes to real estate. My suggestion is don't get your mind locked into a brand new house which comes with that bond. Consider preowned homes many of which have no bond or a small one left to pay off.
Their are many preowned homes available right now and many of thousands of dollares invested in them with major upgrades you won't have to do with a new home.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:02 PM
Gold member

Hacienda is adding around 25 brand new villas. Right close to Spanish Springs too.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Quite a bit of assumptions in this post. Neighborhoods vote on when they would like to have driveway parties. The reason some are at 2:00 is because the neighbors are close knit. They golf, play cards, exercise, and more TOGETHER. 2:00 is a great time to have lunch TOGETHER after enjoying their favorite activities.
In my Village (south of turnpike) I've never heard of people voting on when to have driveway parties. People just have them, they usually let everyone know ahead of time in the Facebook group specific to my Village and sometimes put a few flyers on people's doors. They happen about ever 1-2 weeks in my area. Usually starting at 4pm since it's a younger crowd.

That whole 2pm = close knit theory is pretty hilarious.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
In my Village (south of turnpike) I've never heard of people voting on when to have driveway parties. People just have them, they usually let everyone know ahead of time in the Facebook group specific to my Village and sometimes put a few flyers on people's doors. They happen about ever 1-2 weeks in my area. Usually starting at 4pm since it's a younger crowd.

I've been in TV for many years in three different places. Never heard of voting for a party time either.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:06 PM
Gold member

The northern area is so underrated. Realtors love this area. Close to everything and the least crowded during the winter months.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I will be visiting in 2 weeks and will likely purchase a Patio in either Dabney or Moultrie Creek. I can save about $30k in Dabney when considering bond. Maybe more when considering future costs of building materials if I wait even longer.

For those who purchased in the newer sections (Lake Denham, Dabney); does the drive north get old ? Are you worried that you will feel cut off as new development goes south on the other side of the turnpike ?

I've seen some people state they think another cart connection will be built (maybe CR470) in the future. Aside from Lake Denham and Dabney residents, who would that really benefit (so why would they bother building it) ? Is more development going to happen south of Dabney north/east of the turnpike ?
The other option would be to look at the new homes being built in the last section of Richmond, this would put you just south of 44 and Brownwood!
Old 02-11-2024, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
Head north. Need food shopping, dept. stores, home stores, gas stations, hospitals, medical facilities, golf courses, etc.?
Then head north.
Next gen of retirement residents are shopping online for groceries or anything from retail, rarely need medical facilities or hospitals. Gas stations needs are too few and far between because don’t save on gas from not driving to groceries and retail.

Its been at least 10 years since we hit brick and mortar, our kids never shop Brick, and only time our grands saw a retail space was once a year for Santa pics at Summerset.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmanng View Post
Buy where you like it but for me? Well I am NEVER getting a golf car and theres NO LAW saying that you need to have one there. Even thou they claim its fun to ride them it is not enjoyable for me and I am sorry but IF I can get somewhere in 10 minutes by car versus 30 minutes with the cart well theres your answer. My time is also valuable and do not want to waste it driving around at 18 miles a hour all day !!!
Yeah, we are different. My time is precious but hardly valuable. Gone are the days of a full time job and young kids. I have plenty of time in a day, just running short on days. I want the golf cart life. I want to be out in the open air. I want to drive my car as little as possible. Having said that, I'd prefer most destinations within a 20 minute or so cart drive.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,711 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmanng View Post
I am NEVER getting a golf car !!!
We have been here for 8 years. We do not have a golf cart and have no plans to buy one.

Yes, I enjoy playing golf with my wife. We can easily walk the exec courses and we especially like the Micky Lee pitch and putt course, where I get a lot more practice putting than I get on a 9-hole exec course.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post

Can you explain the last line in your note. Why do parties start at 4 if you are younger ? That also reminds me of my shocking revelation during my lifestyle visit; everything closes at 9pm lol. Just gonna have to get used to it (or age into it). Up here I get disappointed when the bands end at midnight. Do neighborhood parties end at 9 as well in TV ?
Old 02-11-2024, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Can you explain the last line in your note. Why do parties start at 4 if you are younger ? That also reminds me of my shocking revelation during my lifestyle visit; everything closes at 9pm lol. Just gonna have to get used to it (or age into it). Up here I get disappointed when the bands end at midnight. Do neighborhood parties end at 9 as well in TV ?
You will find older residents are eating dinner at 4ish. Our neighborhood parties start around 6pm and once can hear band way past midnight. Nobody complains about the noise, because almost all of the neighborhood is at the party. Streets are lined with carts, food trucks with good food, everyone dancing, having conversations, and enjoying the entertainment. South of 44 is very different, than any of the 4 neighborhoods we lived at. It’s so entertaining to see people out after 6pm
Old 02-11-2024, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,735 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Pickleball is a big part of my planned activities. I'm 59, a decent level, but I play for fun and to meet people. I prefer the "show up and play when you want" over league play. I'm sure I'll be able to find what I want down there. I had no problem during my visit.
You'll have no problem
Old 02-11-2024, 04:08 PM

Excellent reply.

Tags
south, dabney, turnpike, save, development

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.