Daily Sun

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Sage

I really don't see a problem with map.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:17 AM

I like it! Don't compare this paper with other larger newspapers! Those papers are evolving into an online product and the quality of these newspapers is so poor compared to 20 years ago. I think it's awesome. When was the last time anyone read a newspaper as large as ours is... Except for The Wall Street Journal.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Well if you read the paper from the small town in KY where I was raised the stories are about someone's crop. Or who had family visiting. But the best is in the obits are not only human, but your dog or hard working horse. But it put a smile on your face
Old 02-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Well if you read the paper from the small town in KY where I was raised the stories are about someone's crop. Or who had family visiting. But the best is in the obits are not only human, but your dog or hard working horse. But it put a smile on your face

So true.

So sage.

So kind.

Drinking my coffee, thinking about that.

Life is way too short to get all riled up.

Smiling is better.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:18 AM
PaperCuttz

The financial section is always in the middle of C Section (Local). I always check the gold and silver prices , and the crude oil to know when the gas is cheap! haha

Last edited by PaperCuttz; 02-27-2015 at 07:01 AM. Reason: N/A
Old 02-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Gold member

The paper today had an outdated story about a personal assault in Satellite Beach. The article incorrectly states the victim was shot, when yesterday on the tv news, it was revealed he was assaulted with a crowbar.

This article caught my eye because our daughter lives in Satellite beach and works in the school system. She knows 2 of the families involved.

What was printed today as news was the initial press statement and is old news and inaccurate. It was updated yesterday before the paper went to press. Yet they inculded old outdated information.

I have seen too many articles that are not accurate regarding state, national and international news. It is a bit frightening to think that they simply print old new and we accept it as current.

Most of the time I love being in the bubble. But I do want to know what is truthfully happening outside.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Platinum member

Very pretty dog, Madeline! We are lab lovers as well!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

I would like to see the news articles at the bottom of the pages. When I read the paper, it is laying flat on the counter and I can't easily read the stuff at the top of the page without picking it up. Ads should go at the top and the news at the bottom of the page so I can just look down and read them. jmho
Old 02-21-2015, 10:13 PM

Our newspaper at home (Cincinnati) has shrunk so much you can read it with just one cup of coffee! I do want accurate and timely news, and I llove the features and villages news in it. I like reading about clubs and activities and especially the many things that villagers do to enhance the lives of others. its a good paper for a city this size. Now about that silly world map . . .

Old 02-22-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
I would like to see the news articles at the bottom of the pages. When I read the paper, it is laying flat on the counter and I can't easily read the stuff at the top of the page without picking it up. Ads should go at the top and the news at the bottom of the page so I can just look down and read them. jmho
That would be quite innovative, I guess, since no other paper or magazine in the country does that. It probably wouldn't make the advertisers that probably pay a pretty good premium happy to be pushed to the top and overlooked.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:38 PM

agree with simpkinp. Progress is being made.
Am amazed at the constant emphasis on crime, dui,and other depressing trivia in V-N
Old 02-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Sage

I think the new format is more appealing. I like The Daily Sun for reporting what is happening, in TV.

As most young people say, "it is, what it is".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
That would be quite innovative, I guess, since no other paper or magazine in the country does that. It probably wouldn't make the advertisers that probably pay a pretty good premium happy to be pushed to the top and overlooked.
And what about those of us that like to sit in a chair and read.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-22-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I think the new format is more appealing. I like The Daily Sun for reporting what is happening, in TV.

As most young people say, "it is, what it is".
I agree with this viewpoint. We retired here to enjoy life and like reading The Villages events. I watch TV Morning news for the bad news, but prefer it not to be thrown in my driveway every morning.

Live, love enjoy each day as if it's your last
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.