Designer vs Villa

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage

Hi Schaumburger,

It would be interesting to know if data were available on percentage of full-time vs. snowbird or snowflake owners in a particular development within TV.

In addition to villa vs. detached home differences, one might also speculate whether the more established neighborhoods have a higher percentage of full-time residents, since many new residents start off as snowbirds or snowflakes and eventually retire and become frogs.

Perhaps a Villages sales agent could/would share such data, although I'm not sure how they would know.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
NicknRo:

to TOTV. This is an excellent post by Pturner. A very smart lady.

P:

Can I hire you as a consultant when I'm ready to buy something in TV?
Thanks 2B.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Schaumburger,

It would be interesting to know if data were available on percentage of full-time vs. snowbird or snowflake owners in a particular development within TV.
Whenever I have asked anybody in marketing, the answer I get is about 2/3 - 1/3 (FT - PT) ... TRASH NIGHT SURVEY ... probably closer to 50 - 50 in our neighborhood (Hadley)
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
We have just bought a 3 BR/2 Bath CYV but it is because we like privacy and our dog rules our household. Honestly, I think you can get more house (and yard) with a house (of any kind) for the money. Just got to consider the different lifestyle. We are leaving 5 acres and ready to be with a maintenance free yard! I might have gone for the house if it had not been for the dog! Good luck!
I was going to say exactly what Wendy just did. The dogs rule our lives too and the privacy is important to us. I know a lot of folks are very pro those electronic underground fencing systems, but remember they may keep the dogs in, but they won't keep other animals, or people, out. I saw a dog running free on our very first day of our LSP. We are also leaving 5 acres and are just hoping we will not feel too confined because we are so used to the open spaces of 5 acres. Anyway, what Wendy said is correct...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Pturner, I have been meaning to thank you for taking the time to write this, so I will just do it now, I have a copy in my Villages file, so that when we get our house sold, and venture into buying our Villages home, we get the right help. I am sure you helped many of us out here on the fringes of joining you all in person.

Thank you again, Lee and Richard from Tampa.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.