Did you move a motorcycle?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

That looks very much like my trailer, mine might be the next size up. 6 X 10. But the bike should fit fine plus lots of other stuff. I have the ratchet tie downs and would also use 2 X 4's to build a front chock on both sides of the front tire with two on the floor, two secured to the back and two at a 45 degree snug against the tire. I like the idea of one on either side of the rear tire as well. I still think the auto train may be the best answer. I am moving the bike down about 6 to 8 months before I move. So I would need to haul the trailer both directions.

How much riding do you do around there? Where I live in VA there is outstanding back road riding with 1000's of miles of two lane roads through the country side. I can be in great riding about 1 mile from my house by heading West. Going East is horrible as it is nothing but traffic, but West is great.

I am sure there is lots around there, but so far have not found it.

Thanks for all the information and the offer to help unload if needed. I will let you know what the final plan turns out to be.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Sounds good! Lots of good riding around here - Let me know when you arrive and also what you decide to do about transporting the bike!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.