DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Re: DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Hey Oshunluva!!

Great news for you!!!!! Your prayers have been answered!!! :#1: :#1:

Keep posting so I can follow you progress! We will indeed party together!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleguy
Good Luck to you Darby...no matter what you decide on when you arrive here all that matters is that you will be living in The Villages.* You have arrived in heaven!!*
When you drive by Amelia on Odell Circle, just give a wave.
I agree whole heartedly!!!* :joke: I hear people complain about restrictions, But they are nothing I can't deal with.* We looked at the Villages for over One year before we actually moved and we Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!!!* We stayed for 3 months in a 3 bedroom courtyard, but bought a ranch home in DUVALL (YEA!!!) with a double garage and a golf cart garage.* Villas only had a car and 1/2 and I couldn't deal with that.* Duvall folks are really great and with most of us being newbies, it is nice not to have to break into an established neighborhood.* Lots of Great neighbors and we will be in the middle when the new Brownwood Town Center is built in the future.* Ya know..Someone has to live in Paradise and it might as well be all of us!* Welcome home and I know you will* love which every style and floorplan you pick.* Just remember, life is wonderful outside the home too!! It is always a Great Day in The Villages!! WELCOME!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM

DD. WE WILL BE DOWN SUNDAY 9-16-07 TO RENT A COURTYARD 2/2 TILL WE FIND OUR NEW HOME. WE WILL BE LOOKING ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR THAT PERFECT VILLA. IF I AM IN YOUR TIME SCHEDULE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME. KAR GUY.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM

Kar Guy -

When we go down Sept. 5th to purchase, we will be there only until the 9th. I'm sure we will find the right home in that time frame. Then we drive down 1 step ahead of the movers the end of September. I should have an address etc when we get home on the 9th. I will certainly make sure you have our address, phone number (we are getting cell phones (yeh, I know..We are the very last who don't have them yet) for the trip down. We will hook up no doubt about it!!!! Oh and Kar Guy....You and your wife can bring over a bottle of wine or a six pack and help us open boxes!!! :joke: :joke: (Oh come on, that sounds like fun, doesn't it!!!!) :bigthumbsup:

Don't laugh Bama, Donna, Karen, Nancy etc.....your invited too!!!! :beer2:
Old 08-23-2007, 05:00 PM

DD Better hold the beer, wine, and champagne in reserve until all boxes are unpacked. Would love to help you. I too will be down with a truck load (1 of 2 ) around Sept 24th, will be there for the week. :beer2:

LTM: My home is in Duval on Day Lily Run, Does Duval have any type of website? When we were searching for a home we went by the pool and saw something on the bulletin board for the village of duval. Dumb me did not write it down, then a senior moment kicked in and I forgot the site. Is there something, directory, happenings, social gatherings.. Thanks :hot:
Old 08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Sage

Hey Bama buddy....

Here's your neighborhood website:

http://villageofduval.googlepages.com/

Happy surfing!!!

Your Sabal Chase Pool Pal
Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Hey 07 Thats the site thanks. I sent you an email the other day about grass mowing. Did you get it? Everything is going great. This time next week all is closed and we become an official villagers. Can't wait.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bama, then you will be Village People!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Oh VillageNut.... I want to be a Village People tooo. Can I ....pretty please???? :joke:

Seriously- Wouldn't it be fun to all get together. What ever happened to Jan's idea??? Let's try to get this going! A party... Maybe at Katie Belle's or one of the Squares!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

Okay, I am a little confussed. I have been looking at MLS listings on the internet. I found some villas that appeared to not have the privacy fence and then I found what looked like ranches with the fence. What is what? I thought the villas were the only houses that had a private backyard and that all villas had private backyards?

Can someone please explain this?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM

DD... KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ARE FIRST "VILLA" PEOPLE. NEXT WE ARE "VILLAGE" PEOPLE. WHICH MAKES US THE "VILLAGE VILLA" PEOPLE. ANYWAY, YOU GET MY DRIFT.. KAR GUY
Old 08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Patio villas do not have the privacy fences.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM

Oh, I see a new band forming, here! LOL Maybe everyone can dress up for whatever the profession was/is. I think my 'geek' costume wouldn't be too hard to come up with. hehehe :

Ya'll are a hoot!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund
Okay, I am a little confussed. I have been looking at MLS listings on the internet. I found some villas that appeared to not have the privacy fence and then I found what looked like ranches with the fence. What is what? I thought the villas were the only houses that had a private backyard and that all villas had private backyards?

WHAT YOU SAW ARE cOURTYARD vILLAS AND THEY DO HAVE A FENCE AROUND THEM OR A PARTIAL FENCE AND GOLF COURSE VIEW
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund

I can understand your confusion. :dontknow:
Patio Villas have white picket fences in front of them. They don't have a fenced backyard.
Courtyard Villas have an enclosed courtyard as their side/back lawn. They come in both frame and stucco. As LG pointed out, some CVs have a partial fence if they have a Preserve or Golf View.
Any dwelling, Ranch and Patio Villa included, could possibly have a fence in back if it happens to back on a Courtyard Villa .. you would be backing to their fence. (But no fence down the sides).

Yes, I do understand your confusion!! Once you've looked at 132 listings (as probably most of us have), you'll see the difference. Good luck! ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.