Dog falls out of golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2022, 12:54 PM
Default Dog falls out of golf cart

I was traveling south on B V golf cart path just south of Liberty Park Tuesday morning. When right in front of me a black dog falls out of a golf cart from the passenger side . It scrambles right in front of my cart with what appears to be a broken leg ( or legs). Poor thing howling & crying. I slammed on the brakes & narrowly missed running the poor dog over.
Please if you must have your dog in the golf cart with you have it tethered and tied in.
It is irresponsible to not have your dog secured while driving as it is with not having children secured with seat belts. People fall out of golf carts and dogs can also.You never know what lurks around the next bend in the road.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

How horrible. I hope the dog gets quick medical care. Seeing that would give me nightmares...
Old 06-09-2022, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,279 Posts

Did the owner stop for the dog?
Old 06-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

I am a dog owner, and I am distressed by the risks some owners take. At our mail station the other day was a golf cart with two small dogs sitting in it alone. They were not tethered they were free to run. They were well trained and did n to get out of the cart, the entire time I was getting my mail, I guessed the owners were in the pool. Dogs get stolen every day, dogs even well trained can be startled and jump out and get run over.

But it is their dog, their choice. If they were left in a close car in this heat I would have called the police, there are laws against that, but oh well. I hope things don't go sideways for them.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,482 Posts

Terrier’s require strapped in or held on to tight at all times. The are prey driven and will bolt in second. Don’t be one of those thinking my terrier very well trained and I free range him everywhere I go.. you will be sorry eventually.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:25 AM
Location: Currently Michigan soon to be living in The village of St John’s

Oh my goodness poor baby I hope this is updated so we know how the doggie is doing
Old 06-10-2022, 05:32 AM

Fur Babies should be watched after, cared for and get the same attention you’d give a two legged monster! Those four legged fur babies depend on You to watch over them and take care of them just like a Little two legged monster does. So be a responsible Pet owner!!!!!!!!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 06-10-2022, 05:45 AM
Veteran member

Turn them in to the Sheriff for animal cruelty. Just because the owner is a fool is no reason an animal should suffer
Old 06-10-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky25 View Post
I was traveling south on B V golf cart path just south of Liberty Park Tuesday morning. When right in front of me a black dog falls out of a golf cart from the passenger side . It scrambles right in front of my cart with what appears to be a broken leg ( or legs). Poor thing howling & crying. I slammed on the brakes & narrowly missed running the poor dog over.
Please if you must have your dog in the golf cart with you have it tethered and tied in.
It is irresponsible to not have your dog secured while driving as it is with not having children secured with seat belts. People fall out of golf carts and dogs can also.You never know what lurks around the next bend in the road.
Thanks for this important advice!
Old 06-10-2022, 06:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,878 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
MadJax Cargo Net for Genesis Golf Car Rear Seats and Cargo Boxes | eBay
Old 06-10-2022, 06:33 AM
Veteran member

As pointed out many dogs have reactions to their environment, whether it's to chase a bird or a gecko or a truck. The reality is they are the same as a 12 month old baby and you certainly will not just let your baby sit in a golf cart by itself. Further we have many prey in our environment such as eagles bobcats Gators. No matter the size of the dog they will face a reaction for many of these as they are simply food to these other animals. Why would you possibly take your dogs with you and not keep them on leashes or Tether's even in golf carts? Just stupid
Old 06-10-2022, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,288 Times in 452 Posts

Quote:
Just an other example on why your home is the best and safest place for your dogs
Old 06-10-2022, 07:53 AM

I couldn’t agree more. I have one small dog that rides around in the golf cart with me at times who is not tethered in but has a harness that I hold onto. I’m going to get a tether for it so I can have both hands free at all times just in case and she is still strapped in. Safety first
Old 06-10-2022, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I am a dog owner, and I am distressed by the risks some owners take. At our mail station the other day was a golf cart with two small dogs sitting in it alone. They were not tethered they were free to run. They were well trained and did n to get out of the cart, the entire time I was getting my mail, I guessed the owners were in the pool. Dogs get stolen every day, dogs even well trained can be startled and jump out and get run over.

But it is their dog, their choice. If they were left in a close car in this heat I would have called the police, there are laws against that, but oh well. I hope things don't go sideways for them.
if those dogs were yorkies, i know them well. the owner 'walks' them by driving his cart & the dogs run to keep up with him. major disaster waiting to happen
Old 06-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,318 Posts

We have a short leash, hooked to the cart frame (behind the seats), that we attach to our dog's harness whenever she's in the cart... She sits either between us, or in the passenger seat. She loves the wind in her face...

We do the same thing whenever she's in our regular car, as well...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 06-10-2022 at 09:13 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, dog, secured, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.