Dog poop

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,240 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
How sweet that the dog was willing to share. You never know where that owners mouth was.
That is what I think everytime I read that, umm which is often.

How could we survive without a little humor, a little ice cream, and a few furry friends?

Dogs and cats aren't for everybody, but I personally seem to always drift toward those who have them in their lives. They always seem so kind and nice.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-06-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 PM

QUOTE=gomoho;654971]Rubicon - what specific courses are you finding dog poop on? I have never found dog poop on a course, but plenty of cigarette and cigar butts. Have never seen or smelled dog poop at our mail station and see plenty of folks taking their pups their for a walk, and where are all these dogs running free - never witnessed that one either.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 789 Posts

1637 hits since 7 PM last night!!!
What does that tell you about the interest in the subject???

btk
Old 04-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
By the time we got to the sprinkler buttons they would be gone! I've decided to give The Villages a new motto.....instead of "The Villages, the Healthiest Town....or The Villages, the Friendliest Town.....it should be......The Villages, The Place For Dogs." There are more dogs than people here.
And that's a good thing.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Some of you may take this lightly but people are finding dog poop on the golf courses, around postal stations , etc. There are a number of dogs roaming free. If it is not dealt with immediately and swiftly it is only going to get worse. Dog owners please keep it at home

We need dog ambassadors. Perhaps they can be an offshoot of community watch?
I have absolutely NEVER seen a dog roaming around free anyplace I've gone in TV. Please post the instances you have seen, how many, and where.

I have, however, heard lots of coyotes out on our walks. Maybe you are mistaking one for the other.

TV must have the most coddled dogs in the US. People spend $$$$$ on their care. Nobody is going to let a dog out to roam.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Gold member

Thank You everyone for the PM you have sent me,regarding the dog eating the ice cream,so many of you have such great sense of humor.Thanks again
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Default here you go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Dear GOD!! Here we go again!!!! Please refer to any of the million-plus other threads about canine excrement.
i believe the point of the "dear god million plus" post is to get the few indiffernt dog owners to read... not sure how often if ever they search about this actual villiage problem they create...

BTW, just curious do you feel the same about multiple post regarding health, town squares, snowbird post too? should everyone just search before posting...

so to the original poster... you did the right thing.. don't worry about the dog owners cooking their pop corn now
Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM
TOTV Moderator

Enough already...stick to the topic or don't post.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Dogs Running Loose

[QUOTE=CFrance;655014]I have absolutely NEVER seen a dog roaming around free anyplace I've gone in TV. Please post the instances you have seen, how many, and where.

2 Occasions just this last week.

On Bradford Loop this past week, man walking 2 dogs on a leash and a 3rd large dog running ahead of him all over everyones property as he pleased. Neighbor challenged him about the loose dog and in his flowers and he called the neighbor a vulgar name.

This past week wife and I walking and came thru the outside recreation area of Captivia Recreation Center just after dusk when 2 large black dogs came running across the Corn Toss area directly at us and growling. Owners were standing in yard behind shrubs, luckily they retreated after I yelled at them. Owners made no effort to apologize.

I can introduce you to these owners if you still do not believe this is true.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

[quote=KeepingItReal;655065]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I have absolutely NEVER seen a dog roaming around free anyplace I've gone in TV. Please post the instances you have seen, how many, and where.

2 Occasions just this last week.

On Bradford Loop this past week, man walking 2 dogs on a leash and a 3rd large dog running ahead of him all over everyones property as he pleased. Neighbor challenged him about the loose dog and in his flowers and he called the neighbor a vulgar name.

This past week wife and I walking and came thru the outside recreation area of Captivia Recreation Center just after dusk when 2 large black dogs came running across the Corn Toss area directly at us and growling. Owners were standing in yard behind shrubs, luckily they retreated after I yelled at them. Owners made no effort to apologize.

I can introduce you to these owners if you still do not believe this is true.
Wow! That's pretty awful!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And that's a good thing.
Really??? Referring to TV possibly having more dogs than people.

Last edited by RedChariot; 04-06-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clarify thought
Old 04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Sage

I think I believe you, but find it bizarre that all of us out here walking our dogs, which normally attract other dogs, never run into them? However, I would say if I lived in the south end in an undeveloped area I would proabably be guilty of letting my kids get some exercise, but I would also be there supervising and picking up the poop!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:36 PM

[quote=skyc6;655069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post

Wow! That's pretty awful!

Sarcastiball or for real??
Old 04-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Veteran member
Default What Should Be Done About the Loose Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I think I believe you, but find it bizarre that all of us out here walking our dogs, which normally attract other dogs, never run into them? However, I would say if I lived in the south end in an undeveloped area I would proabably be guilty of letting my kids get some exercise, but I would also be there supervising and picking up the poop!

So what should be done about these loose dogs?

Apparently you have never been to Sanibel if you think this is an undeveloped area. Don't know what is meant by "I think I believe you"

The dogs owners home is directly behind the corn toss boards at the Captivia Rec. Center, the second house from the corner of Charlotte Street. Go out and me them yourself instead of just posting. Dogs are canine animals not kids.

Of course no doubt they thought we were in the wrong for walking on the sidewalk thru the picnic tables and shuffelboard courts...I will carry appropriate protection going forward.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

[quote=gustavo;655077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post

Sarcastiball or for real??
Well, what is sarcastiball??

I was very sincere in my post. I live near there, and the thought of 2 large dogs, unleashed, coming at me growling is very awful, don't you think?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.