Dog walking and Pooping..

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2021, 06:42 AM
Default Dog walking and Pooping..

I live next to a pond where many people walk their dogs to do their business. Everyone picks up except one man. He will drive his golf cart to the area, let his dog out, and never get out of the cart himself. He lets his dog poop and drives off without cleaning up. I followed him one day in my cart. He finally stopped and I gave him a roll of bags. I told him nicely he must have run out. He is older, and maybe he can't walk that well, but why must he drive to our area and let his dog poop next to our house? It is Village property. I know he must have a yard. Is there a rule against this, and what should I do now? He is ruining it for all dog owners.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:59 AM

i live in a court villa and i have two dogs and poop on my corner lot i have been out side and told them to stop and dont pick it up so i just put it in the street and now i put pepper on my lawn
Old 05-22-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,347 Times in 2,069 Posts

I am all pooped out about poop.

There is an ordinance for Lady Lake requiring dog owners to pick up their dog's leavings. Section 4-6.

Quote:
Sec 4-6. - Defecating.
No animal owner or person having charge, care, custody or control of any animal shall permit, either willfully or through failure to exercise due care and control, any animal to defecate on any private or public property, other than that of the owner, without express consent. Any animal owner or person having charge, care, custody or control of any animal shall upon any defecation in violation hereof promptly remove and dispose of all feces left by the animal on any private or public property, other than that of the owner, unless the owner has the express consent of the property owner to do otherwise.

(Ord. No. 95-04, 5-15-95)
Municode Library.

Wherever this is taking place might have a law on the books.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-22-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,757 Posts

There are many future owners who read TOTV. And some even ask if can they bring their 3 dogs. It is a good idea to know what to expect about how people feel where they are moving. In my area the people who let their dog on other people’s lawn are usually renters who did not know the “rules”. They have no idea about the degree of resentment that causes.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Follow him again and this time take his picture - print it off the computer and post it around the area - caption it "OFFENDER"!

Old 05-22-2021, 12:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryA View Post
I live next to a pond where many people walk their dogs to do their business. Everyone picks up except one man. He will drive his golf cart to the area, let his dog out, and never get out of the cart himself. He lets his dog poop and drives off without cleaning up. I followed him one day in my cart. He finally stopped and I gave him a roll of bags. I told him nicely he must have run out. He is older, and maybe he can't walk that well, but why must he drive to our area and let his dog poop next to our house? It is Village property. I know he must have a yard. Is there a rule against this, and what should I do now? He is ruining it for all dog owners.
1. Follow him home to see where he lives.

2. Go back and collect his dog poop. I would even collect for a few days, or maybe even add other poop to the pile.

3. Return the poop to his front porch. Include a note advising him you are merely being a good citizen, and returning items he had left behind.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,313 Times in 826 Posts

You should kindly remind the offender the only Villages public property that allows dogs to do their business is in the official dog parks and the center islands of all roundabouts.
Old 05-22-2021, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
Be careful B S all dog owners might bring their dogs to your place to do their business! It’s quite annoying to say the least
Don’t think so, one or two inconsiderate/with dementia ones are not representative of us typical Village dog owners. You just notice/smell the ‘bad eggs’ usually.
Old 05-22-2021, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,347 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Don’t think so, one or two inconsiderate/with dementia ones are not representative of us typical Village dog owners. You just notice/smell the ‘bad eggs’ usually.
Most people in the Villages do pick up their pooch's leavings.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,691 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryA View Post
what should I do now?
When he parks his cart and lets his dog crap near your property, then do things that irritate him. Then he will go somewhere else.

To irritate him, try going up to his cart and screaming at him and jumping up and down. Do it behind his back because that will give him the creeps. Keep it up until he leaves. The next time he comes by, keep screaming at him until he leaves.

If you irritate him enough, he will go somewhere else.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,305 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
When he parks his cart and lets his dog crap near your property, then do things that irritate him. Then he will go somewhere else.

To irritate him, try going up to his cart and screaming at him and jumping up and down. Do it behind his back because that will give him the creeps. Keep it up until he leaves. The next time he comes by, keep screaming at him until he leaves.

If you irritate him enough, he will go somewhere else.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 05-23-2021, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The Villages Florida
Yes, I was serious.

I think if the OP confronts the dog pooper with bizarre and weird behavior, the pooper will go somewhere else.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Ahhh, another hit and run dog poop thread! Is Costco up next? Gotta keep the traffic up. OP's been here 9 years so s/he MUST have seen some of the 1000 other poopy threads.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There are many future owners who read TOTV. And some even ask if can they bring their 3 dogs. It is a good idea to know what to expect about how people feel where they are moving. In my area the people who let their dog on other people’s lawn are usually renters who did not know the “rules”. They have no idea about the degree of resentment that causes.
If you own three dogs you are allowed to bring them. When one crosses over the bridge, you can’t replace them. No where does TV say rehome or kill the 3rd dog before you move.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
If you own three dogs you are allowed to bring them. When one crosses over the bridge, you can’t replace them. No where does TV say rehome or kill the 3rd dog before you move.
If you "cross the bridge" first, I believe your survivor can decide if you will be replaced or if the third dog can take your place.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, cart, area, poop, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.