Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,278 Posts
Default The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."

Adapted from an unknown author.

The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."

The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"

The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."

The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"

The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

The problem is knowing if I am a tiger or a donkey. Self-doubt and introspection are sorely lacking today.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
The problem is knowing if I am a tiger or a donkey. Self-doubt and introspection are sorely lacking today.
Wait 5 minutes... Someone will be along to let you know...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

Don't argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with sheer numbers.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,032 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I'm a lion.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

Maybe the donkey was color blind? Therefore the grass didn't look green to him. Although if he had red/green color blindness then it would look kinda brown.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:10 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately some folks have a "Mental block", which is why the term "Blockhead" is used to describe that mental malady.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,477 Times in 2,556 Posts

There's Bluegrass in the Appalachians!
Old 09-19-2021, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

The trouble with those of us who want to argue is that most of them don't have an actual fact to back up with the opinion. I have found when talking to those with an opposite side that it's 100% impossible to ever change them. So like the parable I have given up and I am now the lion.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:00 AM

Nice post. I’m going to use it to my benefit. I’ll try to remember to say “yes the grass is blue” when I find myself in that all too familiar situation where people are arguing unsubstantiated opinions instead of reality or facts.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

If you don’t hear it with your own ears or see it with your own eyes, don’t invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:09 AM

Brainstorming is an exchange of ideas without arguing, many leaders have to listen to arguing to here all the ideas. We need to exchange ideas, take the best and move forward. "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right."
Old 09-19-2021, 05:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:

A priest, a minister and a rabbit walk into the bar. The rabbit says, "I think I might be a typo."
Old 09-19-2021, 05:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,156 Times in 890 Posts

"The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t."

Old 09-19-2021, 05:48 AM

This is great!
Old 09-19-2021, 05:57 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgray0526 View Post
This is great!
Closed Thread

Tags
grass, tiger, blue, lion, donkey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.