Veteran member

Great post I love it Thanks
Old 09-19-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Adapted from an unknown author.

The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."

The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"

The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."

The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"

The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.
Excellent!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:11 AM

How did he see blue then?
Old 09-19-2021, 07:50 AM

Love this
Old 09-19-2021, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

“ Avoid foolish and ignorant debates, for you know that they breed quarrels.”—2Timothy 2:23
Old 09-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,303 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Was the "donkey" and "the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions." obvious political references? Well done.
No, the donkey was just an ass... But nice try...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
"The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t."

I have no argument that "arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions" is a big waste of time, but what proof do you have that it is "The biggest waste of time"?
Old 09-19-2021, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

Yep, saw this on Facebook last week. So true.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:

How does one know what color a color blind person sees? They are, after all, color blind.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:

i love this!!
Old 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Well said!

Quote:

Well said, indeed.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,655 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:

So the moral of the story is that if you disagree with someone on Facebook, you will be punished. I knew right away what you were getting at.
.....wait, or does it mean that if you disagree with someone on Facebook, THEY get banned? ....hmmm
Old 09-19-2021, 01:45 PM

What are we children again?
Old 09-19-2021, 03:02 PM

This parable isn't really apt and kind of silly. It's claiming you should be punished for arguing with idiots over something that is obviously true and wasting other's time in the process. But nothing is "obviously" true anymore, is it? And when lies are legislated by those in positions of power, well then, that's a different story (or parable). Being forced to believe lies or go along with a lie is the cornerstone of all totalitarian regimes.

My good friend grew up under such a regime in the 1930's and 40's, can you guess which one? She said as school children they were constantly told lies and forced to repeat them. Likewise for the adults in the community who had to always be on their guard and careful about what they said and to whom lest they be snitched on and singled out as non-conformists and punished/silenced. Hmmm...sounds familiar.
Closed Thread

Tags
grass, tiger, blue, lion, donkey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.