Driving your golf cart when it is foggy or raining.

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Driving your golf cart when it is foggy or raining.

Dennis, hope you continue to heal.

We had heard that there are many accidents with golf carts and that people have died while driving them.

I am unable to find more information on this subject.

When we went to get our golf cart insurance the woman told of two recent deaths of people on golf carts.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Driving your golf cart when it is foggy or raining.

The cause of the subject accident was failure to yield not visbility. If a driver runs a stop sign, I don't think fog lights would have helped all that much. A halogen strobe may have helped, and even then, maybe. Lights do help to make your cart more visible and I doubt that fog lights, especially when it's really foggy, are blinding to the point of being unsafe.

As far as defensive driving in fog or otherwise, it's a no-brainer that the best defense when driving in fog or otherwise is to use your eyes, be aware of all vehicles around you at all times and maintain a safe speed in given weather and road surface conditions. Fog and/or rain coupled with aging drivers around these parts means "slow down" and be ever watchful.

And while I'm pondering this topic, I assume that early morning walkers have had close calls in the fog in Dodge City (pun intended). I leave Dodge at oh-dark-thirty every morning and in the recent spates of fog, walkers are often hard to spot especially on outside turns. If there are any walkers out there, do yourself a favor and walk after the fog burns off. It's better for your health and well being.

Dennis: Sorry this happened to you. Getting hit by a car while in your golf cart must have been a truly scary experience. Hope you heal real soon.

Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.