Drove to Fenney...Here's my takeaway

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 AM

I believe they do. I was down there on Saturday and saw one of the Trolly Busses driving through.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,005 Times in 4,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillagernie View Post
according to one of the Morris's there will be no Square they said on channel 2
There may not be another square in Fenney, but with all the "future villages" south of 44, which looks like more land than between 466 and 466A or 466A and 44, I suspect there will be another one in the future (maybe 2)
Old 06-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,415 Times in 1,463 Posts

Here's a rumor. A contractor not affiliated with TV told me they are building a Mall/Shopping Center at 468 and the Turnpike and it will be anchored by a nationwide retail store but did not know the name, again, this is just a rumor. However, if you take a look at the east corner of the 501/468 intersection you will notice that that land, unlike any other section being cleared at this time, has been cleared, turned over, rolled, and leveled and is now perfectly flat, quite a few acres. My personal guess is that corner will not be homes but more likely a commercial section. I was also told by one of the TV salespeople that land running parallel with 468 where the older original homes are located has been zoned commercial and will be built accordingly assuming that the owners are willing to sell their land. Thoughts?

Last edited by vintageogauge; 06-12-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
I love the first quote ..... and my perspective is that The Villages planners have been pretty "spot on" for the past decade or so and I'm curious to see how they will make Fenny work. They are building like mad and obviously anticipate high demand in the near future. So many of the homes are the lower end models with lanai to lanai in the back - I was surprised at that. Time will tell.
Surprised?
I just came from Havana CC to LSL, on Canal St. and saw many homes with lanai to lanai, in the back where most lanai's are located.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:22 PM

I too drove the long drive and had the same impression; sure would not be a location of interest to me but seems to be selling very well ! Probably just spoiled by being so close to everything, so living out in "farm country" would be quite a shock. ONE restaurant ? Can't stop by Mickey D's in the golf cart ? Probably folks moving there are from large metro areas and looking for the isolation ?
Old 06-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Sage

I was told by our agent when we bought that a lot of the sold units went to people that already owned in TV, our neighbor in Fenney is on their 5th Village home.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I too drove the long drive and had the same impression; sure would not be a location of interest to me but seems to be selling very well ! Probably just spoiled by being so close to everything, so living out in "farm country" would be quite a shock. ONE restaurant ? Can't stop by Mickey D's in the golf cart ? Probably folks moving there are from large metro areas and looking for the isolation ?
It is five miles. How far is it from Hadley to 466?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,670 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I was told by our agent when we bought that a lot of the sold units went to people that already owned in TV, our neighbor in Fenney is on their 5th Village home.
Smart people, getting prime lots ahead of the crowd and before the assured infill occurs.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Sage

we have already met several of them and in addition our agent bought one.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Default Not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Drove down via Morse extension south of 44. Here are the two most interesting things I discovered:

1. Ain't saying it's far, but my clothes went out of style on the trip down.

2. Despite The Villages describing it thusly " . Nestled in oak hammocks and overlooking wildlife preserves and springs, the Village of Fenney is old Florida at its finest." the above description only applies to the first two hundred yards. It is a facade through which one drives to reach a desert where all the vegetation was stripped and replaced with palm trees.

Noteworthy is the number of covered wagons stationed along side the road all the way down, denoting that TV is the claim owner.

Just reporting what I saw. No opinion offered as I am happy where I am and wish the same for all.
I visited Fenney with friends who were looking to build in TV. We were shown a model by one of the sales agents. While the inside of the model was very nice, the area surrounding Fenney is terrible--delapidated houses and trailers with yards strewn with trash. Our friend said to the agent, "This is garbage. Why did you bring us here?" If it's true that Location, Location, Location sells houses, what were the developers thinking? I would never live there. Our friends want nothing to do with it.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
I visited Fenney with friends who were looking to build in TV. We were shown a model by one of the sales agents. While the inside of the model was very nice, the area surrounding Fenney is terrible--delapidated houses and trailers with yards strewn with trash. Our friend said to the agent, "This is garbage. Why did you bring us here?" If it's true that Location, Location, Location sells houses, what were the developers thinking? I would never live there. Our friends want nothing to do with it.
I would guess that most of, if not all of the surrounding area will be owned soon by TV. Also, Fenney will connect to the rest of TV within a few years.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Sage

Yep, you gotta feel for a lot of the people that have lived there all their lives, possibly several generations of their families. Some will be more than happy to get more for their property than they ever expected it to be worth but others will be losing their life long homes and their ways of life forever. Not everyone will be happy. Our northern home is on 4 acres and they just cleared out the woods behind us for a housing development. In our case we lose a view, privacy, quiet and worst of all the value of our home will decrease considerably. So be it, not much we could do about it.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,627 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Have you been outside of TV, it has old houses and trailers also. TV is surrounding us with more areas to explore. Think about what people said from SS when LSL was being built. My grandparents had a trailer somewhere near TV 50 years ago, its how this area was started (it may still be sitting on property somewhere).

TV is changing how FL landscape will look many acres at a time. I liked the at the end of the world in Fenney of course it won't be that way for long. Still thinking about it.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Sage

Did anyone go to the open house at the Fenney rec. center yesterday or plan on it today. If so, any comments. We unfortunately had to come back north awaiting furniture to be delivered before we can come back to stay so we had to miss it.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I drive every Wed. on my golf cart from north of 466A to Silver Lake, not a big deal, I'm retired so what's the hurry. If Fenney is to far don't go over there it's no different than anywhere else in TV. Then you clothes will stay present & not out dated. Seriously, TV is getting really big & I know a lot of people that did move out of TV because of that.
Closed Thread

Tags
drove, replaced, stripped, vegetation, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.