Dryer Vent to Roof Connection

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2023, 10:29 AM
Default Dryer Vent to Roof Connection

Many Villagers have had their roofs replaced recently. When a scheduled dryer vent cleaning was happening it was discovered that my dryer venting was never reconnected to the roof vent. I have been blowing lint and moist air into the attic for some time. This moist air can eventually lead to mold forming in the attic. My roofer was to reconnect but never did, and the building inspector should have discovered this error, but what is becoming the norm these days, neither did their jobs adequately. Roofers don't want to do this reconnect, so I was referred to HVAC (Air Conditioning) Vendors. All I contacted were too busy with HVAC replacement and service to help with my reconnect. Finally I was referred to:
COMPLETE DRYER VENT SERCICES (352-653-0809).
I scheduled a free quotation with them to see what they could do. The owner, Gus, came promptly when scheduled, analyzed the repair and explained in detail what needed to reconnect and bring it to code. Understand the repair area in my attic was very difficult to access, but Gus wiggled his way through my maze of beams and insulation. He was able to make the repair the same day. A few of my neighbors had similar issues after being re-roofed and Complete Dryer Vent is now correcting their issues after free inspection.
My purpose with this post is to make sure Villagers be sure after a new roof is completed to be diligent and follow up to be sure the dryer vent is connected properly. Secondly after all the searching to find a vendor to correct my problem I recommend Complete Dryer Vent to evaluate and possibly correct an issue if necessary.
Poster a Calumet Grove Resident for 17+ years.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,688 Times in 602 Posts

good to know, thanks
Old 06-16-2023, 04:36 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,398 Times in 1,459 Posts

Our dryer vent is in the side of our house near the dryer and all the homes we have owned had the same wall vent, never had one in the roof.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

We had a kitchen redo, in the process we had some pot lights installed, which required the electrician to go up into the attic. When he came back down he said he saw that the dryer vent was not connected. I looked up the records of who installed the roof and called them. They sent out someone to look at it and he agreed that it needed to be corrected, he made an appointment to come back and fix it. He said the wrong vent was used also.
Closed Thread

Tags
dryer, vent, reconnect, air, attic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.